Heavyweight Division
By Bill Green at ringside

Unbeaten heavyweight Andy Ruiz Jr (26-0, 17 KOs) pummeled Raphael Zumbano (37-12-1, 30 KOs) for all eight rounds. Scores were 80-72, 80-72, 80-70.
Boxing News

Scott survives knockdown, defeats Thompson

Heavyweight Malik “King” Scott (38-2-1, 13 KOs) outpointed Tony “The Tiger” Thompson (40-6, 27 KOs) over ten rounds on Friday night at “The Venue at UCF,” located behind the CFE Arena in Orlando, Florida. Scott mostly outboxed Thompson for the first eight rounds. The Tiger finally connected in round nine with a big right hand and floored Scott, but it was too little, too late. Scores were 98-91, 96-93, 95-94, all for Scott.
(10-31-2015, 06:45 PM)diehard Wrote: Boxing News

Scott survives knockdown, defeats Thompson

Heavyweight Malik “King” Scott (38-2-1, 13 KOs) outpointed Tony “The Tiger” Thompson (40-6, 27 KOs) over ten rounds on Friday night at “The Venue at UCF,” located behind the CFE Arena in Orlando, Florida. Scott mostly outboxed Thompson for the first eight rounds. The Tiger finally connected in round nine with a big right hand and floored Scott, but it was too little, too late. Scores were 98-91, 96-93, 95-94, all for Scott.

No way I'm watching that fight, unless I can't sleep. Watching a Malik Scott fight is a great cure for insomnia
Thompson: He was just too fast.

“He was just too fast,” said heavyweight Tony Thompson (40-6, 27 KOs) after dropping a ten round unanimous decision to nine-years-younger Malik Scott (38-2-1, 13 KOs) on Friday night in Orlando, Florida. “If I were younger I would have caught him. A prime Tony would have kicked his ass, but I’m 44 and the years are starting to pile up.

“Malik did a great job of staying away until I was able to catch him with one good shot. He just pitty-patted his way to victory.

“I would rate my performance a D at best. I was the aggressor but I didn’t cut him off good enough until late in the fight. My coach kept telling me to go to the right but for whatever reason I only started going to the right late in the fight. That was when I caught him.

“It was an outstanding performance by Malik. He did what he’s supposed to do to an older fighter.”

It was the Washington DC-based Thompson’s first appearance in the United States sin
After that Performance JP would beat Tony Thompson hands down. I dont even think TT trained for that fight he looked in terrible shape and seems to have lost his ambition and desire but he is 44 so you cant blame him for that.

Also if he thinks Malik Scott is fast hes got a big wake up call coming if he faces JP in the future which could possibly happen but it will be no more then a one sided beating against an old out of shape fighter coming for one last payday.
Weirdly, Malik Scott has beaten good competition and only lost twice, but is nowhere in the top 15 in any of the alphabets, although that will change after the TT victory.  He drew with Glazkov.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/35680
His biggest problem is hes got no power.
True. How about Parker vs Scott in the US next year if he gets ranked now that he's beaten TT?
Povetkin chops down Wach

By Przemek Garczarczyk at ringside

WBC #1 rated heavyweight Alexander Povetkin (30-1, 22 KOs) scored a twelfth round TKO over Mariusz Wach (31-2, 17 KOs) on Wednesday night at the Basket Hall Arena in Kazan, Russia. In preparation for his mandatory challenge against WBC champion Deontay Wilder, Povetkin dominated the 6’7 Wach, although he had problems with Wach’s size and was cut over the left eye. Referee Jay Nady finally waved it off in round twelve on the advice of the ring doctor.

The WBC today approved another voluntary defense for Wilder in January, so Wilder-Povetkin likely comes in April or May.
Helenius vs Teper. Good fight December 19th:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/teper-helenius-helsinki-workouts-312196