Heavyweight Division
Happy that Dave Allen stopped Lucas Browne. Browne was only ever good when he was on the peds
Yes, but why do people rank Allen so high. All I've heard is that he has good power...
(04-22-2019, 02:06 PM)diehard Wrote: Yes, but why do people rank Allen so high.  All I've heard is that he has good power...

Who rates him? He's a gimmick who's popular on social media. He has an iron chin but nothing else. Fa and Ahio would beat him.
(04-22-2019, 03:23 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 02:06 PM)diehard Wrote: Yes, but why do people rank Allen so high.  All I've heard is that he has good power...

Who rates him? He's a gimmick who's popular on social media. He has an iron chin but nothing else. Fa and Ahio would beat him.

I thought everyone did, especially in the UK. In the telecast, there was talk of him fighting Chisora or stepping up. Evidently, he hasn't trained well in the past and sabotages his progress.
(04-22-2019, 05:14 PM)diehard Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 03:23 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

I thought everyone did, especially in the UK.  In the telecast, there was talk of him fighting Chisora or stepping up.  Evidently, he hasn't trained well in the past and sabotages his progress.

He's no doubt popular, but no-one really believes that he's any good including himself. He likes to take the mickey out of himself, replies to everyone on twitter and acts like a normal down to earth guy which has gained a following for himself. He'll do well to win a British title but as I said earlier, would probably rival Mariusz Wach for best chin in the division.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/andy-ruiz-adam-kownacki-has-the-makings-of-one-helluva-fun-fight/116098
that would be a good fight. Sounds like Ruiz might be getting serious again, although still too heavy.

Ruiz v Chisora would also be a fun fight
https://fightnews.com/kownacki-talks-miller-peds-polish-sausage/44213#more-44213
Daniel Dubois vs Richard Lartey back on again

Queensberry Promotions has announced that heavyweight Richard Lartey arrived in London this morning and will weigh-in ahead of his bout with Daniel Dubois tomorrow evening at The SSE Arena in London. Yesterday it was announced that Lartey had visa issues and a suitable replacement foe for Dubois was being sought, however, the problem was obviously resolved. The fight card is scheduled to be streamed by ESPN+ in the USA.
Dubois KOs Lartey, Joyce coming next?

Unbeaten heavyweight Daniel Dubois (11-0, 10 KOs) continued his reign of terror with a fourth round knockout win over Richard Lartey (14-2, 11 KOs) on Saturday night at the Wembley Arena in London. A right hand on the jaw laid out Lartey at 1:50. Unbeaten heavyweight rival Joe Joyce, possibly Dubois’ next opponent, was looking on at ringside.

Unbeaten super flyweight Sunny Edwards (11-0, 4 KOs) stopped Pedro Matos (7-2, 1 KO) in round eight.

Unbeaten super middleweight Lerrone Richards (12-0, 3 KOs) outpointed
Tommy Langford (21-4, 6 KOs) over twelve rounds by scores of 118-110,
116-113, 118-111 to claim the vacant Commonwealth belt.

Unbeaten super lightweight Jack Catterall (24-0, 13 KOs) knocked out Oscar Amador (10-18, 1 KO) in round three.