Heavyweight Division
(05-25-2016, 11:04 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Dave Allen is literally dreadful

His only notable fight was Jason Gavern and that was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen. Eddie Hearn apologised in the post-fight interview..
(05-25-2016, 08:09 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I personally have rated fury for time, if i go outside of his fight with wlad

I mean fury has been doubted for a LONG time, literally years, we always had people saying david price was way better etc etc, then it was he's going to lose to chisora, then it was when he steps up he's gonna get ko'd than haye was gonna ko him twice instead of ducking him, then chisora was going to beat him in the rematch, then klitschko was gonna ko him in 2 rounds.

Get the idea? Who ever had a good word to say about fury?

Yet we give Pulev credit for his win over a chisora who fury schooled twice and stopped? Fury got no credit twice for that?

People say Fury a bum with no skills?

No skills? he's got great movement, very good jab, punch variety, handspeed, can fight inside, can brawl, can box on the back foot, can do 12 rounds at pace, what's missing exactly?

And this man is only 27 and has had quite the career already

He doesn't have top level punch power and his 6 pack ain't the best in the world but jesus christ

whens this guy getting any credit?
Fully agree. If he tried to act all humble like Joshua then he might get a bit more love but as he speaks his mind, people try to find ways to bring him down like they have his whole career.
WBC makes statement on Deontay Wilder

WBC - May 25, 2016 - 44 comments

May 25, 2016: WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder was scheduled to fight Mandatory Challenger Alexander Povetkin on May 21, 2016. On May 13, 2016, the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (“VADA”) reported that Mr. Povetkin’s “A” Test sample showed an adverse result for the banned substance Meldonium. That result arose in connection with an April 27, 2016, anti-doping test Mr. Povetkin underwent under the WBC Clean Boxing Program. On May 15, 2016, the WBC issued a ruling that the fight would not take place as scheduled.

In relation with Challenger’s Povetkin test result, the WBC is conducting an in-depth investigation and evaluation of the situation. Further WBC ruling(s) will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, the WBC hereby rules that in light of the fact that the bout with Challenger Povetkin did not take place as scheduled, WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder has the right to make a voluntary defense of his title as reasonably soon as possible.
Mauricio Sulaiman
Heavyweight Round-up by NakiFan

Tyson Fury is carrying on his trolling and mind games ahead of his schedule bout against Wlad scheduled in July in Manchester. Wlad has been his quiet self, with the occasional training video coming out from his Twitter feed. Talk is that his Hollywood wife has been battling post-natal depression, which was ongoing since his first fight against Fury. Will this affect Wlad's head again this time round....who knows.

The saga that is Povetkin vs Wilder has resulted in the WBC issuing Wilder a voluntary defence while they are working through Sasha's illegal 70 nanogram test result. Wilder has another cherry picked opponent available, but nobody yet knows who this will be. Would the team talk to Joshua after the Brazeale fight about a title shot, especially if there is millions of pounds available?

Anthony Joshua is in camp ahead of his 1st defence of his IBF title against little known Brazeale. The American most recently had a 'win' over Mansour, after a RTD decision, due to Mansour cutting his tongue in the fight. This was after Brazeale had to pick himself off the canvas earlier. Will he be another walkover for Joshua, or will the tall Brazeale put up a fight?

Joseph Parker has already scheduled his next bout in Christchurch against Solomon Haumono. Haumono took the vacant WBO Oceanic Heavyweight belt off Parker after his win over Manuel Alberto Pucheta. Expect a easy win for Parker, with all eyes focusing on his shortcomings over his win with Takam.

David Haye and Shannon 'Lets go Champ' Briggs hasn't yet been scheduled, but talk is it will be in July sometime. This circus has been brewing for awhile now, and looks set to have another twist I believe. David Haye and Briggs are both just looking for paydays now, and the theatrics are getting boring.

Dillian Whyte has been vocal calling out Parker, then taking his first comeback fight against a nobody shortly. He has signed with Matchroom for a 5 fight deal. The call out to Parker may be a Hearn-idea as the undercard of Joshua's next defence will be available in the O2 Arena. Not sure if Parker will risk it?

Luis Ortiz and Ustinov have come to terms for their scheduled part of the WBA mini tournament. Details have not yet been finalised but expect a July/Aug bout there.
The rest of the top 25 heavyweights are just treading water with very little action scheduled over the next couple of months.

Cheers NakiFan
As always, excellent post and much appreciated!
(05-25-2016, 09:19 PM)diehard Wrote: Infern0, I didn't mean that Fury can't fight.  Just the opposite.  I was sticking up for him on this website when others said he was rubbish.  I just don't think his win against Klit proved anything as much as it showed how cautious Klit was.  Now, Fury probably had something to do with that, but we'll never know because Klit punked out.

If he beats Klit (again), and beats one of the other champs, he'll definitely get my vote as one of the best, if not the best, right now.  Verdict is still out with me.  And he's no bum, and had good wins against Chisora.  I think you just rate him higher than me and Sham do.  Right now.

Such a back handed compliment Die lol, Sham seem's to rate him higher than you do. You don't even rate him in the top 10. I think even his average hater rates him in the top 10, especially after schooling Wlad. Where did you rate him before that? about number 50? or between Bergman and Martz lol (basically 5000-10000)?

If he did the bolded how could he not be no.1? I think you might still put him 5-9 though?
Fury looking in decent shape (for him) 7 weeks out

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjTGGg5WYAADhKz.jpg
Any one think Joe would take a Wilder fight? and would losing to Wilder remove his mandatory status? (I assume it would)
(05-26-2016, 09:53 PM)james5000 Wrote: Any one think Joe would take a Wilder fight? and would losing to Wilder remove his mandatory status? (I assume it would)

It would remove his status if he lost yes.

But i think he would take the fight and I think he has much better chance against Wilder than Joshua
(05-26-2016, 05:34 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Heavyweight Round-up by NakiFan

Tyson Fury is carrying on his trolling and mind games ahead of his schedule bout against Wlad scheduled in July in Manchester. Wlad has been his quiet self, with the occasional training video coming out from his Twitter feed. Talk is that his Hollywood wife has been battling post-natal depression, which was ongoing since his first fight against Fury. Will this affect Wlad's head again this time round....who knows.

The saga that is Povetkin vs Wilder has resulted in the WBC issuing Wilder a voluntary defence while they are working through Sasha's illegal 70 nanogram test result. Wilder has another cherry picked opponent available, but nobody yet knows who this will be. Would the team talk to Joshua after the Brazeale fight about a title shot, especially if there is millions of pounds available?

Anthony Joshua is in camp ahead of his 1st defence of his IBF title against little known Brazeale. The American most recently had a 'win' over Mansour, after a RTD decision, due to Mansour cutting his tongue in the fight. This was after Brazeale had to pick himself off the canvas earlier. Will he be another walkover for Joshua, or will the tall Brazeale put up a fight?

Joseph Parker has already scheduled his next bout in Christchurch against Solomon Haumono. Haumono took the vacant WBO Oceanic Heavyweight belt off Parker after his win over Manuel Alberto Pucheta. Expect a easy win for Parker, with all eyes focusing on his shortcomings over his win with Takam.

David Haye and Shannon 'Lets go Champ' Briggs hasn't yet been scheduled, but talk is it will be in July sometime. This circus has been brewing for awhile now, and looks set to have another twist I believe. David Haye and Briggs are both just looking for paydays now, and the theatrics are getting boring.

Dillian Whyte has been vocal calling out Parker, then taking his first comeback fight against a nobody shortly. He has signed with Matchroom for a 5 fight deal. The call out to Parker may be a Hearn-idea as the undercard of Joshua's next defence will be available in the O2 Arena. Not sure if Parker will risk it?

Luis Ortiz and Ustinov have come to terms for their scheduled part of the WBA mini tournament. Details have not yet been finalised but expect a July/Aug bout there.
The rest of the top 25 heavyweights are just treading water with very little action scheduled over the next couple of months.

Cheers NakiFan

Good stuff Naki