Plan your perfect parker v ruiz event (undercard etc)
(11-08-2016, 11:39 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Look in all seriousness they won't have any money for a decent opponent for izu we are going to have to accept a record padding fight there

yep.  would have liked to see price or hughie fury for izu but like you say.  too broke to get good fights for 3 good boxers (including the hornet, izu and jp)  still glad they maneged to get it here.  i sure as sh*t wont be missing out on going to the fight.
Welcome KIWIBOX. Didn't know that Duhaupas was fighting Izu. Thanks for that. I agree, Izu will fight an easy opponent. Here's the top WBO top 15:

1. Joseph Parker
2. Wladimir Klitschko
3. Andy Ruiz
4. David Haye
5. Hughie Fury
6. Michael Wallisch
7. Jarrell Mille
8. Edmund Gerber
9. Tom Schwarz
10. Kubrat Pulev
11. David Price
12. Izuagbe Ugonoh
13. Andrey Fedosov
14. Erkan Teper
15. Ian Lewison

Really can't see any of these guys coming to NZ.
I was wondering when KIWIBOX was going to start posting on here. Welcome and since I'm a grammar Nazi....can you change your YouTube intro to "covering heavyweights" from "coverning heavyweights"

Thanks Wink
I actually think we will see Izu face a half decent opponent, how much would one cost...a couple of hundred grand? Not much compared to the 4.4 million total expenditure.
More like $50,000 for a good opponent, $100,000 for a very good opponent. Under $50,000 for a so-so opponent. Trouble is, why would a very good fighter face a KO artist like Izu in NZ?
(11-09-2016, 02:47 PM)diehard Wrote: More like $50,000 for a good opponent, $100,000 for a very good opponent. Under $50,000 for a so-so opponent. Trouble is, why would a very good fighter face a KO artist like Izu in NZ?

For the sweet sweet $$$
(11-08-2016, 11:38 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 05:38 PM)Westywarrior Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 03:37 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Let's plan the night.

To start with we need a rousing rendition of the classic "welcome home" by Dave dobbyn

Then the lights go on and we have the all blacks in the ring to do a Haka

First fight is jeff horn vs someone good.

Then we have a skit with Peter Jackson and some orcs from lord of the Rings and parker kos the orcs and Valerie Adam's throws a shotput at one.

Next fight is junior fa vs someone good

After that we have a musical performance by six 60 singing their classic "roots" song with pictures of young joseph on screen

Then we have izu vs someone good

Finally the big entrance with full war dances and everything, then sam Neil comes out in his jurassic park outfit and drops some classic lines

then lorde sings the national anthem

Then it's parker vs ruiz

And parker gets KO'd in a round

Ruiz went out to $4.20 on the Tab  after the announcement of Auckland hosting the fight

This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is Inferno , and make some big $$

Let us all know how much you put on Ruiz so we can congratulate you after you clean up

I won't put money on ruiz because he needs a ko. And by ko I mean parker asleep for a 25 count.

Anything other than that and it's parker winning.

Sorry I thought a Ruiz win by  round 1 knockout was your prediction rather than just another fantasy

Fair enough .. Im picking Parker to win too
(11-09-2016, 02:50 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 02:47 PM)diehard Wrote: More like $50,000 for a good opponent, $100,000 for a very good opponent. Under $50,000 for a so-so opponent. Trouble is, why would a very good fighter face a KO artist like Izu in NZ?

For the sweet sweet $$$

But you've got to bump it up for a very good fighter to come to NZ and fight. Much easier for Stu to get a good opponent for Izu in Vegas.
Hence why I said I think it'll cost them a couple hundred grand
(11-09-2016, 03:58 PM)Msreef Wrote: Hence why I said I think it'll cost them a couple hundred grand

won't happen. too expensive id say.  tight budget for show i rekon. will be interesting to see card