Parker vs Ruiz for WBO
The thing is Hearn won't care because he can put AJ against anyone on ppv and the casual fans in the UK will buy it. Sadly over there Hearn basically controls sky sport boxing and the casual fans don't know any better.
Bad hombre' Andy Ruiz oozing confidence for WBO heavyweight title fight with Joseph Parker

Andy Ruiz's trainer Abel Sanchez has vowed to have the Mexican heavyweight in peak condition for his WBO title fight against Joseph Parker.

Joseph Parker certainly has a fight on is hands with Andy Ruiz's camp oozing confidence as they intensify preparations for the WBO heavyweight title fight.

The clash in New Zealand was sanctioned by the organisation on Friday for a December 10 date in Auckland.

The two fighters are in the United States burying themselves into training for their shot at history – Parker to be the first New Zealand-born heavyweight champion and Ruiz the first Mexican.

Parker broke Duco Events' strange stance on silence as they sort out the fine-print of the massive promotion by tweeting yesterday: "Big things coming ... can't wait."

But Ruiz's world class handlers are happily talking up their 27-year-old unbeaten fighter.

"It should be a great fight but I think Andy prevails. His hand speed should be greater than Parker's and it should be a decision for Andy," Ruiz's trainer Abel Sanchez told Boxingscene.com as the fight was confirmed.

"This is Andy's toughest fight and this is Joseph's toughest fight. They have sparred together in Vegas so they kind of know each other. It is a matter of Andy just paying attention and doing what we ask him and he will be in great shape. His skill set - he's already tested it against Parker so he shouldn't have a hard time."

Sanchez, who also oversees world middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, has Ruiz in Big Bear, California, an altitude base used by star boxers like Oscar De la Hoya, Shane Mosely and Tito Ortiz.

Sanchez acknowledges the need to get Ruiz, who often struggles to be in condition for fights, in top shape and believes the training setting and the motivation of the world title will see his fighter achieve that.

Former Olympian Ruiz debut as a pro in 2009 at a massive 135kg though he entered the ring at 114kg last month which will be a target weight for Auckland.

Time is tight with just seven weeks till the fight.

With both fighters quick on the draw and packing plenty of power, this looms as a battle of the gun-slingers with the quickest on the draw likely to win by knockout. But Sanchez is determined to have Ruiz still firing shots in the latter rounds if the fight goes deep into the scheduled 12 rounds.

"If he is in condition, his hand speed will go from round one to round 12. Unfortunately for Andy, he hasn't been in the type of condition that a world class fighter needs to be in and he will do great the first 4-5, 6 rounds and then he fizzles out. His hand speed goes because he gets tired. He gets winded so he's not moving his hands like should," Sanchez said.

"We hope that in the time we have him here that we are able to change that so that his hand speed is efficient throughout the fight "

Ruiz's promoter, the legendary Bob Arum, knows how to talk up a fight and even brought the American presidential election to the promotion, playing on Donald Trump's anti-Mexican sentiments.

"The fastest hands in the west," Arum said of Ruiz in an interview with USA Today. "That's who Donald Trump was thinking about when he said bad hombre."

Arum jumped at the chance to set up this clever deal with Duco Events, made possible by Tyson Fury vacating the WBO and WBA belts.

He has no issue with handing home advantage to Parker, confident that his team have made the right call taking this unexpected short-cut to the title.

"(Matchmakers) Bruce (Trampler) and Brad (Goodman) give him a helluva shot and Abel thinks that he can do it. Those are the guys that are important, not a schmuck like me. I'm a business person in boxing, I rely on my matchmakers. and they all believe Andy has a hell of a shot," Arum said.

"It would be great, particularly to have the first Mexican heavyweight champion in history, you know how huge that would be in Mexico? The president (Enrique Peña Nieto) would ban Trump from the country."

- Stuff
Have a look at Ruiz vs Lawrence, who is a journeyman. Ruiz does NOT swarm and pressure Lawrence at all. He also does NOT throw a lot of punches. And he does NOT have fast hands. Average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dUlasRkjBw
(10-23-2016, 12:05 PM)diehard Wrote: Have a look at Ruiz vs Lawrence, who is a journeyman.  Ruiz does NOT swarm and pressure Lawrence at all.  He also does NOT throw a lot of punches.  And he does NOT have fast hands.  Average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dUlasRkjBw

I agree, ruiz sucks and Joe should get no credit whatsoever for beating a fat bum for a paper title
Joe gets credit for beating who they put in front of him. And in this case, it's for the WBO title. In addition to what I said, Ruiz is easy to hit. I was just shocked with how ordinary he was. He's not bad, but he's not that good either. Joe shouldn't have any trouble with him if he trains and fights smart.

Haye? Different story. And in England.
If Joe beats Ruiz and becomes WBO champion surely Haye would be be obliged to come to New Zealand to challenge for the belt?
Parker - Haye is a big fight in England. Maybe even Las Vegas??

Please DUCO - enough of the NZ fights after this. Send the lad overseas. He needs to become a "name".
I'll have to read the story again, but I thought that Haye/Parker was scheduled for England by the WBO. But, I heard/read somewhere that if Parker wins the WBO belt he forfeits the IBF mandatory for AJ. Which in some ways doesn't matter. If he beats Ruiz and Haye, he unifies the two belts, WBO and IBF, assuming AJ is still the IBF champ.
Yep, read the story wrong. And it may not be Haye. Promoter Frank Warren said he'd like to put Haye up as the mandatory at WBO #4. But it's not confirmed, and Haye fights someone in December. So yeah, England is not even on the table. Kiwi could be right. It could be Vegas!
I reckon Haye won't even fight Parker.