AJ vs Klit is ON!!!
(10-18-2016, 08:50 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 05:49 PM)NakiFan Wrote: AJ vs Izu would be a great fight. Izu is quick, and has a very good body shot.

The body I believe is AJ's biggest weakness. Bang to the ribs, get those big arms down a bit and crack that jaw.

Izus best opponent is a guy who was filler on prize fighter a few years ago

Pipe down

Pipe down? I'm simply saying that of AJ's previous opponents, I think Izu vs AJ would be a great fight. 

Then I simply said, where I think some of AJ's weaknesses are.

I'm not cheerleading either one. If I was to look at one fighters strengths, and another fighters weaknesses, and they line up...the fight should be a good one.

AJ's best opponent BTW is a kickboxer turned puncher, now trying to box and going full 12 rounds with domestic level opponents. 

Each to their own. 
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/10621925/anthony-joshua-wladimir-klitschko-yet-to-be-confirmed-due-to-hold-up-over-wba-title

Looks like the final signoff depends on the WBA signing things off. They may want to run a mini - tourn like the WBO may be proposing?
The atomic molecule or whatever he's called would be a 2 round job for Whyte, Martin, breazele and probably even Gary Cornish. 

Izu has never had a real fight, just sparring exhibitions against legitimate bums, not journeymen, not domestic level fighters, bums. We would know just as much about him if they put him in the ring with a heavy bag on a stand and showed off some flashy bagwork.

Have him take a massive step up in class to a top 50 opponent and maybe we can talk. 

As it stands talk of a world title shot is absolutely preposterous, he's even less deserving than prince Charles was
Eddie Hearn Twitter:

AJ-WLAD HOLD-UP: @anthonyfjoshua v Wladimir @Klitschko yet to be confirmed as they await @WBABoxing decision: http://skysports.tv/1D8TJI
No way the WBA is a deal breaker. No way. Just putting pressure on the WBA and their bullshit aborted tourney.
As I said elsewhere, it now looks like Wlad may fight Browne for the WBA.

Joshua would then fight Price or Pulev on Dec 10.

Parker would then fight Ruiz (WBO) or continue his IBF path.

What a mess.
I think Wlad vs Browne would be a snorefest. I don't think Browne has the ability to get inside Wlad

Watch from about 7min onwards
Great find yet again, Naki.

Wow. That is so sad for boxing.

Terrible.
Joseph Parker's handlers accuse Wladimir Klitschko of 'taking soft option' as chaos hits heavyweight title scene

Wladimir Klitschko has put a spanner in the works of a proposed title fight with Anthony Joshua that has clouded an already murky heavyweight scene.

Joseph Parker's handlers have lashed out at former world champion Wladimir Klitschko as the heavyweight boxing scene is plunged into confusion.

Klitschko management's talks with promoter Eddie Hearn about a super fight in Manchester with IBF title holder Anthony Joshua have stalled.

There are strong suggestions Klitschko will instead take on rugged Australian Lucas Browne in Germany, possibly with a WBA belt up for grabs.

Australian boxer Lucas Browne might be stepping int he ring with former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.

There is major manoeuvring going on to take advantage of the WBA and WBO belts vacated by troubled champion Tyson Fury.

Joseph Parker's promoter Dean Lonergan is calling out Wladimir Klitschko as taking the "soft option" if he fights Australian Lucas Browne over a title fight with Anthony Joshua.

Parker, as No 1 with the IBF and WBO, finds himself right in the middle of the mix but the road to the title keeps getting speed bumps added to it.

Duco Events bosses Dean Lonergan and David Higgins are continuing talks with American promoter Bob Arum about his fighter Andy Ruiz coming to New Zealand to contest a WBO belt.

They first have to have that cleared by the WBO at their annual conference in Puerto Rico which Lonergan will attend. He will have to fight off suggestions of a four-man box off for the belt.

Klitschko is No 2 in the WBO and there is the chance that Parker could fight the giant Ukrainian, though Lonergan doesn't see that happening. He has had no contact with Klitschko's management for several weeks.

There's also a chance that Hearn could call Parker's mandatory challenge and order him to fight Joshua on December 10 in Manchester.

Lonergan prefers to go down the Ruiz route for now, and couldn't resist a crack at Klitschko who has further clouded a murky scene.

"I can see the Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko fight falling over for a variety of reasons and Klitschko is going to take the soft option of fighting in Hamburg against Lucas Browne," Lonergan said.

"That just goes to show that Klitschko is past it and shot. He had the opportunity to make a massive comeback and massive statement against one of the young Lions of the division in Anthony Joshua.

"If he passes on that fight, he also has the opportunity to take on the other young lion of the division in Joseph Parker. But he's not ... he's taking the softest option possible and I think it's a disgrace that they couldn't finish that [Joshua] deal for the sake of boxing and his own credibility."

Lonergan suggested "club fighter" Browne was capable of knocking out Klitschko if the former champ fronted with a similar effort to when he lost to Fury in a huge upset last November.

Lonergan said he and Higgins had a "very good" meeting with Arum on Tuesday. Higgins would continue those discussions while Lonergan attended the WBO conference.

But everything pointed to Arum agreeing to a December 10 date in Auckland – dependent on the WBO title being up for grabs.

"I can't speak for Bob Arum, but his opinion is if Andy Ruiz is going to fight Joseph Parker it should be for the WBO world title. And if Klitschko doesn't have the balls to stand up and fight Joe, why shouldn't we fight for the world title?" Lonergan said.

Lonergan admitted there was also a possible option of fighting Joshua as the mandatory, a reflection of Parker's strong position in this mess.

"We could potentially be up for discussion on that. But the opportunity to make history with a world title fight in New Zealand is just to great an opportunity to pass up.

"If we take a long-term view, we'd much rather have a negotiation and a fight with Anthony Joshua when we are unifying two titles as opposed to us going to fight for one as a mandatory. It's going to be a better deal for Joseph Parker and Duco, and a much bigger fight.

"But the biggest hurdle to all of this happening is for the WBO to allow us to fight Andy Ruiz.

"If that happens, December 10 is looking likely to be a massive day in boxing. Potentially it is going to have Parker v Ruiz in New Zealand, Anthony Joshua v either David Price or Kubrat Pulev in Manchester, and Klitschko v Browne in Hamburg."

Hearn said the next 48 hours would be crucial to determining whether a last-minute deal could be stitched together with Klitschko but admitted it was time to look at other options.

Hearn suggested the uncertainty over the WBA being up for grabs in Manchester was the reason behind Klitschko's reluctance to fight Joshua.

- Stuff