AJ vs Klit is ON!!!
I would suggest that in the UK, Parker is just as well known as Wilder to the casual fan.

Maybe more so.
Absolutely , they all know about Parker, theres also plenty of Brits who love to hate on Joe because they are so in love with AJ . They would happily hand over pounds to see the their champ take care of that upstart pretender champ from NZ and silence the Parker fans.
If Joe gets to fight AJ with his 0 intact it's gonna be a massive payday for the guy.
(05-03-2017, 07:36 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: Absolutely , they all know about Parker, theres also  plenty of Brits who love to hate on Joe because they are so in love with AJ . They would happily hand over pounds to see the their champ take care of that upstart pretender champ from NZ and silence the Parker fans.
If Joe gets to fight AJ with his 0 intact it's gonna be a massive payday for the guy.

Can't see Jo losing his 0 in his next 3 projected fights Westy. He beats the Romanian Bellew and Fury in my book but from there life gets more difficult. 
(05-03-2017, 04:23 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I would suggest that in the UK, Parker is just as well known as Wilder to the casual fan.

Maybe more so.

Definitely not. It was arguable before but after Wilder was commentating for Sky Sports for the AJ fight, everyone watching that knows who he is now. Wilders american too. The rivalry between uk and us is big. And wilder has a big mouth and he always appears on Sky Sports in the uk. . It would sell out Wembley. Parker would do 30-40k though, similar to Spence v Brook. Maybe abit more if they really pushed the fight and Parker. The only hyper events are wilder and Fury right now.
(05-03-2017, 10:05 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 04:23 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I would suggest that in the UK, Parker is just as well known as Wilder to the casual fan.

Maybe more so.

Definitely not. It was arguable before but after Wilder was commentating for Sky Sports for the AJ fight, everyone watching that knows who he is now. Wilders american too. The rivalry between uk and us is big. And wilder has a big mouth and he always appears on Sky Sports in the uk. . It would sell out Wembley. Parker would do 30-40k though, similar to Spence v Brook. Maybe abit more if they really pushed the fight and Parker. The only hyper events are wilder and Fury right now.

If Parker fought and beat Bellew, do you think that would raise his profile considerably?
(05-03-2017, 10:05 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:

Maybe more so.

A Wlad rematch might fly as well. Vitali would be great (we can dream..)

Joe has to build his profile and credibility a bit. Takam and Ruiz were difficult opponents to people who know boxing, but the fights were close, and wouldn't have captured the imagination of the casuals - who make up a big percentage of the 90,000 at Wembley.

Ruiz is short and looks fat and Takam got KO'd by Povetkin.

I'm  big JP fan, but I can understand the doubt about him coming from other corners of the globe.

Wilder murdered Stiverne in a Lennox Lewis style from outside, and has knocked out everyone else, so I can't see him being easy.

I still think a fit, hungry T.Fury at 6"9 toys with them all.
How he made Chisora quit, dominated Hammer, then Klit couldn't even land (or even throw) a punch - he could have been an ATG, and MAYBE still could be
(05-03-2017, 10:30 PM)Msreef Wrote:

Maybe more so.

If Parker fought and beat Bellew, do you think that would raise his profile considerably?

For sure.  It would sell out Goodison.  If they can put on Bellew V Makabu for a cruiserweight title, they can definitely put on Bellew V Parker for a heavyweight title.  In my opinion Parker is at a disadvantage to get that 90K sell out because, he doesnt trash talk and he's not american.  He hasnt got a massive promoter, globally anyway, and he fights in NZ so it's not really prime time for UK viewers.  He needs to look impressive against one or two UK fighters, in the UK to get the Wembley fight.  Whyte, Bellew, H.Fury and maybe Chisora would be my picks.  
(05-03-2017, 10:38 PM)gothenaki Wrote:

Maybe more so.

Joe has to build his profile and credibility a bit. Takam and Ruiz were difficult opponents to people who know boxing, but the fights were close, and wouldn't have captured the imagination of the casuals - who make up a big percentage of the 90,000 at Wembley.

I'm  big JP fan, but I can understand the doubt about him coming from other corners of the globe.

Wilder murdered Stiverne in a Lennox Lewis style from outside, and has knocked out everyone else, so I can't see him being easy.

Yeah you're very right, the Wlad rematch would sell out again. Missed him off just because I don't think the old dog will want to do it again. Hope im wrong. 

Maybe more so.

I still think a fit, hungry T.Fury at 6"9 toys with them all

I don't think that Fury exists anymore. 
(05-03-2017, 10:43 PM)mippy Wrote:

Maybe more so.

I still think a fit, hungry T.Fury at 6"9 toys with them all

I don't think that Fury exists anymore. 

I'm 50-50 on whether he can come back 100%.  He's still only 28 so I think his body can recover, it's just his mental state.  He's never been a physical specimen and fought most of his early career overweight.  The videos he keeps posting look like he's in good spirits.  Fairly sharp on the pads for a 500lb whale too.