AJ vs Klit is ON!!!
(05-02-2017, 11:32 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Watched it again.
Was surprised.
I thought watching it the first time, that Wlad should have finished it, and that he let AJ off the hook.
I thought the same when I thought Dillian Whyte had rocked him.
I think it's just wishful thinking from people (like myself) wanting to see AJ lose.
Yeah, he was hurt, but while he took a couple of good shots in the 6th after he was down, if you watch AJ, and not Klit, you can see his evasion is pretty good.
At times I thought he was exhausted, punch-drunk, and cocky with his chat with Wlad.
Watching it again, he knew what he was doing.
He's going to be hard to beat - for anybody

But saying that, I think Ortiz is the next guy I want to see AJ fight.
But after 90,000 at Wembley, why would you pick a tricky Cuban of an unknown age, who has no box-office...
If they did fight, I think Ortiz could give him a lot of trouble. The way he schooled Jennings was way more impressive than what Wlad did against the same guy

I guess with Hearn controlling Ortiz, it's kind of safe, because there'll be rematch clauses forever
Clever by Hearn to buy an extremely dangerous opponent

Would dearly like AJ to settle the myth concerning the perceived invincibility of Ortiz.
Ortiz looked good when he beat Jennings. Since then he's looked OLDDD. I think everyone but Jennings has avoided the best version of Ortiz. The rumours about him being older than late thirties would not surprise me if true. I'd favour Fury, Wilder, AJ, Wlad and Parker to beat Ortiz.
(05-03-2017, 01:45 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: Ortiz looked good when he beat Jennings. Since then he's looked OLDDD. I think everyone but Jennings has avoided the best version of Ortiz. The rumours about him being older than late thirties would not surprise me if true. I'd favour Fury, Wilder, AJ, Wlad and Parker to beat Ortiz.

Yeah mate, styles versus styles.. And AGE.....can you believe it, age puts fighters out to pasture.

I'm really thinking Fury is past tense now in terms of getting conditioned enough to fight Wilder or AJ.. he would also need warmup fights so we're looking at the year 2020 lol
I don't think AJ will fight Ortiz. Too high risk for the little reward imo. I think AJ will drop the belt instead of face him.
Boxing News - Latest Boxing Headlines, Videos & Results
https://www.boxing247.com/
Don't think any of them will be silly enough to force him to drop their belt - think of the sanctioning fees they'll lose. BRiggs vs Oquendo ain't bring 90k to wembley lmao
Next fight I want to see is AJ/Wilder. In Wembley. Why not?
Could be another epic, both have massive punches, I'd watch the hell out of it
Could easily be Joshua - Parker.

From Hearns' point of view it may make lots of sense.
Parker doesn't have a big enough name to sell out Wembley. Wilder maybe