Boxing: Professionals to be allowed at Olympics
(06-03-2016, 05:34 PM)shamrock Wrote: To represent amateur a boxer has to qualify through his or her country's, how are disgruntled pros going to qualify? ?

You can't just turn up any pro that wants to go has to go to a qualifier in venezuela next month I think?
Next olympics they can just go the same routes as any of the amateurs would
(06-03-2016, 04:55 PM)james5000 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 04:50 PM)The Fly Wrote: Rediculous. Aside from all the safety concerns how is it going to look if a pro loses to an amateur? I can't believe it passed unanimously

There will definitely be pro's losing to am's, I don't see the big deal? Just because you turn pro it don't give you super powers?
I don't see it being a safety concern at all, I actually think there will be less mismatches because of it.
You don't see any safety concerns with a pro fighting an amateur? Are you for real? 

As for pros losing to amateurs. You see all these guys say this and that when a pro loses to another prospect or contender. Stuff like exposed blah blah blah. Imagine if a decent pro loses to an amateur? These trolls will lose their minds...
3x3 minute rounds and much larger gloves changes every thing. The best am fighters usually end up very good pro fighters or have a style suited to the am game.
The pro's wont be taking the spots of the best am's they will be taking the spots of the weakest which will deepen the pool of talent and these top talents are obviously good enough to defend themselves against anyone.

I doubt top professionals will risk going to the Olympics as losing could hurt their image so they might as well stay fighting professionally and get paid for it.

How would a pro who had lets say 80 am fights and 30 pro fights go against and amateur fighter with 350 fights? Who is really more experienced especially in regard to 3x3 rounds?
Surely the guys who voted against pro boxers being aloud to participate in the Olympics need to find a new job, the Olympics has opened the doors to professionals. Why should boxing be different? Boxers duck each other on a constant basis in the pro ranks (especially the heavys) maybe the lure of a gold medal and the fact there'0' won't go means we actually get to see some top fights. I for one would tune into watch Olympic boxing more.
Professional boxers who compete in Rio Olympics will lose titles: IBF
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/81275517/professional-boxers-who-compete-in-rio-olympics-will-lose-titles-ibf
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/amateur-boxer-knocks-out-unbeaten-pro-in-the-first-round-three-more-pros-lose-in-all-344944

Doesn't sound like its too easy for the pro's!!!!!