Fury/Usyk. Feb. 17th
David Nyika scores undercard spot at Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk title fight
Stuff sports reporters
January 18, 2024, • 05:20pm

Kiwi boxer David Nyika will be on the undercard at the Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk ‘Ring of Fire’ heavyweight title fight next month.

The 28-year-old will meet a yet to be confirmed opponent in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on February 17.

Nyika - a double Commonwealth Games champion - confirmed the news to his social media followers on Wednesday night.

“The storm is coming,’’ Nyika wrote.

The Kiwi cruiserweight is unbeaten as a professional, having won all eight fights - seven by knockout - since 2021.

His latest victory was a third round TKO of Robert Berridge in Queensland last November.

Nyika spend some time training under Andy Lee and alongside Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker at Fury’s gym in Morecambe, England in 2022.

The Hamilton-reared fighter told Stuff at the time that he had some “brutally honest’’ advice from Fury, who was ”one of the most authentic people you’ll ever meet“.

"And I feel like I've earned his trust enough for him to be open and obviously he's given me the opportunity to train in his gym, which is massive.“

Now, Nyika - who has a training base at Gatton in rural Queensland - is going to be fighting on the undercard at one of Fury’s biggest fights for the title of undisputed world champion.

Another cruiserweight clash will headline the undercard.

Jai Opetaia - unbeaten in 24 fights - will fight Latvia’s ex-world champion Mairis Briedis (28-2) in a bid to regain the IBF world title he vacated to fight Ellis Zorro in Saudi Arabia last December.

Opetaia, an Australian southpaw, knocked out Zorro in the first round.

Fury’s cousin, Isaac Lowe, will meet Afghanistan’s Hasibullah Ahmadi in a featherweight bout.

There will be an all-Britain light featherweight clash between Wales’ IBF world champion Joe Cordina and Northern Ireland’s IBO belt holder Anthony Cacace.

Russian lightheavyweight Sergey Kovalev will meet Sweden’s Robin Safar and opponents have yet to be confirmed for unbeaten heavyweights, Uzbekistan’s 2.01m Bakhodir Jalolov and 19-year-old England-based Moses Itauma.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/can-usyk-outpunch-fury-for-undisputed-glory-joyce-analyzes-clash/273214
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/usyk-unfazed-by-furys-taunts-im-inside-his-head/273584
Fury-Usyk Undercard Update

The undisputed world heavyweight championship PPV headlined by WBC champion Tyson Fury against unified WBA/IBF/WBO champion Oleksandr Usyk will feature two further world championship fights at the Kingdom Arena, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

In a rematch of former IBF cruiserweight champions, Jai Opetaia (24-0, 19 KOs) meets Mairis Briedis (28-2, 20 KOs) for the vacant IBF belt.

Undefeated IBF super featherweight champion Joe Cordina (17-0, 9 KOs) will make a second defense of his title against Anthony Cacace (21-1, 7 KOs).

Former light heavyweight king Sergey Kovalev (35-4-1, 29 KOs) will continue his run at cruiserweight by taking on the unbeaten Robin Sirwan Safar (16-0, 12 KOs).

Heavyweight Moses Itauma (7-0, 5 KOs) and 2021 Olympian cruiserweight David Nyika (8-0, 7 KOs) will face opponents to be named.

The PPV price in the USA is $69.99.
Be careful. DAZN will give you a free month but then they'll tell you later that you just signed up for a year and you're on the hook for the next 11 months at $15 a month.  Happened to me on December 23rd fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-vs-oleksandr-usyk-pay-per-view-on-dazn-tnt-sports-sky-sports--181127
Tyson/Fury Postponed:

Tyson Fury has postponed his heavyweight unification title fight with Oleksandr Usyk this month after suffering a "freak cut" above his eye, Queensberry Promotions announced today.

They were set to fight on February 17 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Usyk was putting his WBA, IBF and WBO titles on the line against Fury's WBC belt to find the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 2000.

Queensberry Promotions said the cut above Fury's right eye occurred while sparring in Riyadh and "required urgent medical attention and significant stitching".

A new date will be decided when Fury's recovery period is known, Queensberry Promotions added.

"I am absolutely devastated after preparing for this fight for so long and being in such superb condition," Fury said in a statement released by Queensberry.

"I feel bad for everyone involved in this huge event and I will work diligently towards the rescheduled date once the eye has healed.

"I can only apologise to everyone affected including my own team, Team Usyk, the undercard fighters, partners, and fans as well as our hosts and my friends in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/tyson-fury-cut-in-sparring-watch-leaked-video/273800
Saw some of the leaked video on the above thread. Fury was wrestling, holding and hitting. Gonna be an ugly fight if they fight.
I'm over the fury saw this coming weeks ago. Fury doesn't want uysk. This fight won't happen
But bart, I saw the cut on his eye in the video. How could you see it weeks ago...I hope that some of the undercard fights end up on the March 8 fight rather than making them wait for Fury to fight.