David Nyika
I reckon he would hold on till Olympics?
Cruiser would be a great start in pros he has a great frame and will fill out in time but the way he fights relies a lot on quick reflexes which I would hate him to sacrifice for size/power.
Definitely a talent who would need a coach who could accentuate those skills he has rather than change his style to a more conservative traditional style.
Sky is the limit for this lad hope to watch him reach the top
I have no inside oil to back this up but I'll be shocked if he turns pro before Tokyo or the qualifiers if he misses out
(04-16-2018, 06:12 PM)justafan Wrote: I have no inside oil to back this up but I'll be shocked if he turns pro before Tokyo or the qualifiers if he misses out

He's always wanted to go to the Olympics. He'll turn pro after that.
Be a shame not to he will be 24-25 turning pro hopefully a Gold medal Olympian... be worth weight in well gold to a promoter
Not saying he can't and would love him to win but Olympics is a gigantic step up from Commonwealth Games imo
absolutely is a massive step up but I think he looks a guy who would relish the challenge.
He is not your stock standard style boxer and hard to know if judges would appreciate that over 3 rounds but even if he doesn't win gold (many pro legends didn't) I'm sure the exposure will be huge for him
He should turn pro now on the back of the commonwealth gold and the exposure JP bought the sport in this country.

Winning the commonwealths against a weak field is one thing, going up against the likes of erislandy savon at 2020 is a whole nother level.
(04-17-2018, 11:47 PM)Infern0 Wrote: He should turn pro now on the back of the commonwealth gold and the exposure JP bought the sport in this country.

Winning the commonwealths against a weak field is one thing, going up against the likes of erislandy savon at 2020 is a whole nother level.

To be fair I think he'd rather face the likes of Savon should he qualify for the Olympics. i remember him saying a couple of years back that he'd rather face tough competition in the amateurs than go pro and face guys that have barely stepped into a ring before. 

I think 24 is a good age for him to turn pro personally. Let him go for the Olympics first and then turn pro straight after that.
I think if david did turn pro now he could be matched competitively fairly quickly. No reason to fight 10 bums he has wsb experience too
Nyika v Opataia could be a good one for the future.

Nyika could probably go straight into 6 rounders if he turned pro, and really up his level of competition by his 4th or 5th fight. But I don't see too much issue trying to go for the Olympics. He's very young still.

I agree with Inferno that now would be a good time to turn pro in terms of profile. Winning gold on the back of Parker's fight is about as good as it gets.