Smith/Eubank Jr. II
Smith-Eubank 2 Final Press Conference

A fiery exchange between middleweights Liam Smith and Chris Eubank Jr concluded today’s press conference when they faced off in Manchester today ahead of this Saturday’s highly-anticipated rematch at the AO Arena, airing in the US on ESPN+ and in the UK and Ireland as a Sky Sports Box Office pay-per-view.
Smith stopped Eubank Jr in the first minute of the fourth round in their January encounter in the same venue, but Eubank’s confidence seemed undented when he confronted Smith at today’s press conference. Even now he was unwilling to acknowledge that Smith, with the first win behind him, was the better fighter of the two.
“If he pulls it off again, I can’t argue with it,” said Eubank. “But the performance I’m going to have on Saturday night is going to be exquisite, super-natural.”
Eubank has referred to Smith’s stoppage win as a “miracle” for the Liverpool man and a feat unlikely to be repeated, a claim which drew derision from Smith.
“Which shot was the miracle, Chris? The miracle was how easy it was!” he said. “If he makes the same mistakes, I’ll punish him for them.”
Eubank does acknowledge he is in this position for the first time – rematching an opponent who’s defeated him. “It is a new pressure that I have never had to deal with before. But I’m enjoying it,” he said.
“I’m enjoying the hardship I’m having to go through mentally and physically to execute the game plan on the night.
“I’m excited to go out there and see how I react.”

Florian Marku and Dylan Moran had a fiery interaction when they faced off, with Marku afterwards claiming Moran had trembled during the staredown.
“He was shaking when we were face to face, he tried to hide it. If you see the videos from the cameras, he was shaking his legs,” he said.
“I’m going to hunt him. I know he’s going to try to box, he going to try to run, but I will be too much for him.”
Moran laughed this off, “Never in my life will I shake in front of you… I am the superior boxer. It’s been a long and tough journey to get here today and I won’t let Florian Marku rob me of that.
“He’s standing in my way. It’s been a lifetime of hard work to be sat here and I plan on finishing the job Saturday night.”

Another fight on the undercard which is generating excitement is the heavyweight clash between Olympic bronze medallist Frazer Clarke and David Allen.
Allen will look for a huge upset on Saturday night and although he knows his task is a tricky one, he is confident of victory.
Allen said: “I’ve known him a very long time. I’ve known him since 2012. We’ve done a lot of rounds together [in sparring]. I know what he’s capable of. He’s a very good fighter. I’ve been out for a long time. I know it’s a difficult ask for me, but I expect to win. I wouldn’t be here if not.”
Clarke, 7-0 as a professional, was last out in June where he dominated Mariusz Wach over 10 rounds to secure a unanimous decision and looks to continue his winning ways.
He said: “I come to win fights and have my hand raised at the end. My job is to land more leather on Dave Allen than he lands on me.”
‘Big Fraze’ also responded to Allen’s claims he is the better boxer, he said: “Dave outboxing me is like me saying that I’m going to become an underwear model for Calvin Klein. I just can’t see it happening.”
Undefeated prospect Adam Azim takes on his toughest challenge in 23-1 Aram Fanyan and although Azim has only eight professional fights under his belt, he is relishing the challenge.
The 21-year-old said: “I’m treating every single fight like a world title fight. I’ve got to take fights like this to develop myself and I feel like my confidence has doubled up. This is going to be the best performance you have ever seen in your life.”
https://fightnews.com/smith-eubank-jr-make-weight/152190

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/weights-espn2-smith-vs-eubank-jr-for-saturday-in-manchester/268005
https://www.boxing247.com/press-boxing/liam-smith-vs-chris-eubank-jr-start-time/35651
Looks like the undercard will start at 6AM NZ time. Main event probably closer to 10AM as they have a lengthy undercard.
In this lead up I have warmed to Jnr - not sure he can get the win but he has become more likeable .
I like Eubank too. Gonna start shortly.
Got it! Thanks bart.
Eubank's boxing was a thing of beauty. Speed, combos, body/head. It was like that in the first fight, until he got ko'd.
Eubank avenges loss, stops Smith

Middleweight Chris Eubank Jr (33-3, 24 KOs) avenged his loss to former WBO jr middleweight champion and current WBO #2 middleweight Liam “Beefy” Smith (33-4-1, 20 KOs) with a one-sided tenth round TKO on Saturday night at the AO Arena in Manchester, England. Now trained by Brian “Bomac” Mcintyre, the quicker Eubank was busier and used John Ruiz-style clutch and grab tactics to thwart Smith’s offense early on. Eubank dropped Smith in round four with an uppercut and totally took over after that. Smith survived a furious barrage in round five. Eubank continued to dominate while Smith desperately looked to land a big shot. The later rounds were pretty much one-way traffic. Eubank dropped Smith again in round ten and the bout was waved off by the referee after Eubank’s follow-up barrage. Time was 1:45.

Unbeaten and highly touted WBA #11 super lightweight Adam Azim (9-0, 6 KOs) won a workmanlike ten round unanimous decision over Aram Fanyan (22-2, 4 KOs). Competitive fight. Scores were 98-92, 100-90, 99-91.

Olympic super heavyweight bronze medalist Frazer Clarke (8-0, 6 KOs) scored a sixth round TKO over David Allen (25-6-2, 18 KOs). Clarke was deducted two points in round six for repeated low blows. After the round, the bout was stopped due to a perforated ear drum suffered by Allen.

In an upset, “Little Lever’s Meat Cleaver” Jack Cullen (22-4-1, 10 KOs) knocked out and dethroned British and Commonwealth super middleweight champion and IBF #13, WBO #14-rated Mark Heffron (29-3-1, 23 KOs) in round three. Cullen dropped Heffron with a clean left hook. Heffron got up quickly, but then sank back to the canvas. Time was 2:43.

Unbeaten welterweight Florian “The Albanian King” Marku (13-0-1, 8 KOs) needed just 54 seconds to demolish Dylan Moran (18-2, 8 KOs) in the first round. Marku bumrushed Moran and got a referee’s stoppage after a barrage of punches.
Former unified women’s super featherweight champion Mikaela Mayer (19-1, 5 KOs), now fighting at super lightweight, outpointed former Euro champ Silvia Bortot (11-3, 3 KOs) over ten rounds. Scored 100-90 for Mayer.

Olympic gold medalist Lauren Price (5-0, 1 KO) won by sixth round technical decision over Lolita Muzeya (18-2, 10 KOs) in a female welterweight bout.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/chris-eubank-jr-stops-liam-smith-in-10th-round-tko-boxing-results/268105