Whatever happened to
Soulan Pownceby Tongue
Joey Wilson.  He hasn't fought since 2012 when he fought Haumono on the Cameron vs Barrett undercard.  He had a lot of potential.
Some of these guys are in it for the money, thats why they drop out
If they're in it for the money, they need to continue fighting after a good win. Don't know the arrangements with Joey's management, but he could have gotten some good fights after Haumono. He's Klit's size, and could have even made some dosh as a sparring partner to Klit opponents. Maybe he and Parker could share a hotel room in Austria in April???
(01-09-2015, 05:08 PM)shamrock Wrote: Some of these guys are in it for the money, thats why they drop out

Money is half the component to pro boxing, I dont think boxers like to lose braincells for the fun of it...its tragic and pitiful when boxers try and relive the glory days and have to rely on boxing for an income...I admire boxers that know when to hang their gloves...but hey "Every man has a price" if someone flashed a 2 mil cheque in your face to fight for 10 rounds anythings possible.
Cosmo, I've seen fighters end their career fighting out of their depth simply to make a collection. But I know what you're saying, they need get paid, however, some fighters may last longer more secure in the sport if they heeded wiser counsel.
[/quote]

I admire boxers that know when to hang their gloves...
[/quote]

There's not many of them Big Grin
(01-09-2015, 02:56 PM)Jamieson Wrote: Soulan Pownceby Tongue

It'll be at least 4 years til he gets out, I can't see him doing anything other than boxing.
(01-09-2015, 04:30 PM)diehard Wrote: Joey Wilson.  He hasn't fought since 2012 when he fought Haumono on the Cameron vs Barrett undercard.  He had a lot of potential.
I think he's happy driving his truck.