Heavyweight Division
He'd be a top 25 fighter. I don't think they're looking for a name as much as a guy who's better than who he's fought before.

Here's a nice story on Fury:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/76559048/tyson-fury-mulls-sheiks-super-yacht-venue-for-wladimir-klitschko-rematch
Hammer is pretty durable, i'd be hugely surprised if Joe beat him in less than 6 rounds. Hammer would be more of a threat than a Martz or Bergman. I suppose its not a big step up from a Tupou or Meehan (if a step up at all really), but I do think he is more durable than either and would test Joe's cardio a bit more than a turtling Tank.

That super yacht story scenario would have been one of the greatest mysteries of modern sport if it happened. There would probably have to be a part 3 tbf so I'm glad it would never have happened
http://www.boxingscene.com/charles-martin-anthony-joshua-scared-fight-on-april-9--100999

Prince Charles wants AJ fight ASAP, AJ not ready
Why not Joe??
(02-04-2016, 07:18 PM)james5000 Wrote: http://www.boxingscene.com/charles-martin-anthony-joshua-scared-fight-on-april-9--100999

Prince Charles wants AJ fight ASAP, AJ not ready

If I was Joshua i would have jumped on that.

I think Martin is very, very beatable, and if joshua did lose they could ust use the "too early" excuse
If true really shocked they didn't take that. Joshua would start favourite with the bookies in England. Crazy how beating Dillon Whyte can get you a 'world title' shot now. Martins looking to cash in, he ain't gonna be 'champ' for long.
Martin wants a payday

What about a Sun afternoon in NZ sold on PPV in the States?

Worth offering it to him, at least.

Duco - time to step up

DIEHARD - could you ask Stu about this situation?
He must be asking for a ludicrous amount, that's the only reason I can see why Joshua or/and Hearn wouldn't take the fight. The next level of opponent for him (and Parker) should be about Martin. And you get the crappy IBF bauble as well. No mandatory til January, so you can basically pick your opponent til then from the top ten. Which won't include all the top boys Fury,Wilder,Klitscko etc. And by January after say at least 2 world title ppv's you could relinquish to fight the top boys for a proper 'world title'.
AJ step up big fulla, if you say yes, you could have a belt.....but I'm thinking Hearn sees a southpaw as an issue. AJ hasn't faced one in the pros, and I can't see anything on his amateur background also.
(02-04-2016, 07:36 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: If true really shocked they didn't take that. Joshua would start favourite with the bookies in England. Crazy how beating Dillon Whyte can get you a 'world title' shot now. Martins looking to cash in, he ain't gonna be 'champ' for long.

It's not beating Whyte, it's the payday.

Joshua got paid $7.7 million for his fight against Whyte, Joshua's "net worth" is estimated to be $13,570,000 which is probably pretty accurate, he's a cash cow in the sport.

Martin got $350k for Glazkov

After Klitschko and possibly Fury, Joshua is the biggest payday in heavyweight division, maybe Haye would be close

after those guys it's a steep drop to Wilder and even he doesn't clear a mil per fight