Heavyweight Division
Yep. But gothenaki is right. He's got to trade off those choices. The domestic choice can be pretty compelling, & maybe get u to the same place anyhow....
(08-18-2015, 11:29 AM)cranky Wrote: http://www.boxing247.com/press-boxing/trevor-bryan-against-derric-rossy-aug-28-on-shobox/44906

Hmmm...  Looks like Rossy about to be ripped off again....

Anybody know this Samoan guy Natu Visinia? He's 11-1, and dropped Cunningham before eventually losing to him. Big opportunity if he beats boxrec #49 (& US #18)  Joey Dawejko .....

Visinia looked in his usual condition and got smoked with a KO1. That's the best nick I've seen Dawejko in
Bryan defeats Rossy, Perez and Dawejko also win

Up-and-coming heavyweight Trevor Bryan (16-0, 11 KOs) scored a hard fought ten round unanimous decision over game veteran Derric Rossy (30-10, 14 KOs) on Friday night outdoors at “The D” in scalding downtown Las Vegas. Bryan dropped Rossy in round one with a left hook. The knockdown seemed to wake up Rossy and the bout turned into a war. The pace slowed in round four in the near 100-degree temperatures. Bryan landed some big shots in rounds six and seven and did more down the stretch. Scores were 97-92, 98-91, 98-91.

Middleweight late sub DeCarlo Perez (15-3-1, 5 KOs) scored a ten round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten two-time Dominican Republic Olympian Juan Ubaldo Cabrera (23-1, 16 KOs). Perez outworked Cabrera after the third round and went on to post a 97-92, 98-91, 98-91 verdict. Cabrera was cut over the right eye by a headbutt in round one and was deducted a point in round seven for holding.

Philly heavyweight Joey Dawejko (15-4-2, 8 KOs) needed just 75 seconds to destroy 273-pound Natu Visinia (11-2, 9 KOs). Dawejko dropped Visinia twice before the carnage was halted.
Dillian Whyte (UK) will fight Brian Minto at heavyweight next weekend on Anthony Joshua undercard.
So much for Minto's I'm a cruiser weight now but massive respect for taking on Whyte. I guess the carrot is somehow beating him and then getting a pay day v Joshua
Good on Minto for taking the fight on such short notice I wish him the best of luck against whyte but I think he will be stopped within 4 rounds.
http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/brian-minto-i-beat-dillian-whyte-then-i-hold-up-eddie-for-a-fight-with-anthony-joshua/
(09-10-2015, 06:32 AM)..tm7 Wrote: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/brian-minto-i-beat-dillian-whyte-then-i-hold-up-eddie-for-a-fight-with-anthony-joshua/

Minto isn't rubbish, but at 5 inches and 15kg less than Whyte, I reckon he's right that there should be a separate heavyweight and super-heavyweight division. 200-220 guys knocking the crap out of each other could be a really entertaining division, and they could always move up if they want to. Super Heavy could be 220 plus. Fighters (and athletes generally) are getting bigger - just an idea..
(09-10-2015, 07:17 PM)gothenaki Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 06:32 AM)..tm7 Wrote: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/brian-minto-i-beat-dillian-whyte-then-i-hold-up-eddie-for-a-fight-with-anthony-joshua/

Minto isn't rubbish, but at 5 inches and 15kg less than Whyte, I reckon he's right that there should be a separate heavyweight and super-heavyweight division. 200-220 guys knocking the crap out of each other could be a really entertaining division, and they could always move up if they want to. Super Heavy could be 220 plus. Fighters (and athletes generally) are getting bigger - just an idea..

I like the idea of putting the massive heavies elsewhere but rather than creating ANOTHER weight division, could they not just raise the Cruiserweight limit slightly to include some small heavies?

I also hope Minto shocks Whyte. I liked Whyte but have been following him on social media since he signed a three fight deal with Matchroom and he comes across as a bit of a prick
Joshua-Whyte set for Dec 12 showdown

Unbeaten heavyweights Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte are predicting a knockout night when they clash for the British and Commonwealth titles in Bad Intentions at The O2 in London on December 12. Both unbeaten men landed big KO wins at the weekend to secure the hotly-anticipated contest and set a date to settle a rivalry that stretches back to their early amateur days. Joshua blasted Gary Cornish away in 97 seconds, making his 14th straight win inside the distance his quickest to date. Whyte went to 16-0 with a 13th KO win, stopping Brian Minto in three.

Whyte beat Joshua early in their amateur careers before Joshua went on to claim gold at the London 2012 Olympics, and with sparks flying in the build-up to Saturday’s action, the blue touch paper has already been lit for a huge night in December.

“I am glad that Dillian got the win,” said Joshua. “December 12 – the date is set. He is International Silver champ, I am Commonwealth champ and we will both fight for the British and move on from there. The amateur win is relevant; so relevant. He is 1-0 against me and now it is my chance to get it back and even the score. This is the beautiful thing about boxing; we have so many weeks now to get strong, get fit and get our mind in the right place and we will be back here at The O2 to dust up again in front of all of the wonderful fans that showed up on Saturday. When I first turned pro there was a massive decision and I finally got there. When I sat down with Eddie I said I would love to fight for the Commonwealth, British, European and World titles and these are all dreams that I had. One by one I am slowly filling the prophecy I made in 2013.”

“I said he would walk through Cornish in the first round and that is what he did,” said Whyte. “Cornish came to get pasted and that is what he got. He did exactly what everyone knows he can do; he can punch a bit, and he has speed. I am a machine. I am not scared of nobody. I will go to camp, prepare myself right and listen to what my coach says. We will work on things, we will come back here and I will knock him out. Every Heavyweight has power. Mike Tyson had a lot of power and he still lost. There are a couple of chinks but that isn’t for me to say.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn added: “It is a great fight, two undefeated fighters. This fight is going to excite a lot of people. It is two very, very talented Heavyweights stepping up for the British and Commonwealth and we could end the year with something very special here at The O2. Respect to Gary Cornish, he is 21-0 and didn’t have to take that fight, not enough undefeated fighters step up.”