Heavyweight Division
Yep, at some point Duco needs to "SHOW THEM THE MONEY." No one's coming into Parker's backyard to fight him unless it's worth it. My guess is that he'll have to do it in the US or Europe. I said the same with Tua and Cameron. Best we got for Tua was Barrett and Ustinov, neither top 10 fighters when they fought. With Cameron, it was Barrett.

Main thing Parker has going for him as a lure is his top ten ranking, and his undefeated record. I do think that Duco pays opponents more than the going rate to travel here. But, will it be enough?
parker has to fight either here in the US or the UK ( maybe Australia).

I'm surprised KB hasn't tried to get Parker affiliated with an outfit here....which cuts duco out. that day is coming. especially if Parker beats a top 10 fighter.
No need. They have been successful fighting in NZ. But as you say, that day IS coming. And he will NOT fight a top ten guy in NZ.
(06-03-2015, 04:11 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: Parker won't fight a top 10 guy if Duco gonna pay them peanuts!! Duco are not parting with decent pay-days, and if I were a top 10 HW, why the hell would I risk my ranking and potential title shot, in fighting an up-n-comer like Parker if I wasn't gonna get a decent chunk of change??

There is a pecking order to fight for a World title, and to move up that food chain you have to be on the radar of all sanctioning bodies.... and fighting no-bodies won't move you quicker to a title shot no matter how good you are, end of story!

Parker has done his apprenticeship with his first 10 fights, he now has to fight recognized names.

Like A Joshua, its time to shine and let everyone know in the HW division he's after their spot in the top 10. And to do that, Duco "need" to invest heavily in an opponent.

Tongue-in-cheek but when a champion gets a voluntary defence, they have to fight someone in the top 15, so fighting bums is one way to get a title shot - actually, lots of fighters fight nobodys. 
Isn't Eric Molina getting a title shot? 
Charles Martin is rated no. 2 challenger by the WBO and 4 IBF, and he hasn't fought anybody but bums. Mark De Mori is 8 in WBA, and his average opponent is ranked around 300. Shannon Briggs is 5 WBA. 
Lucas Browne fought old guys and nobodys until he squeaked a decision against Rudyenko (who never fought anybody either and has lost to Hughie Fury), and he's getting a shot (if Chagaev beats Pianeta). 

David Price fought Tony Thompson too early and has paid for it.

I would hate to see Parker fighting bums for the next 2-3 years, just saying it's one way to go about it, and he'd still be young.
Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Alexander Povetkin, Bryant Jennings, Bermaine Stiverne, Kubrat Pulev, Andy Ruiz, Czar Glazkov, Carlos Takam, Tony Thompson, Derek Chisora, Anthony Joshua, and Lucas Browne to name a few, are all in front of Parker for a title shot.... he's got to KO atleast a couple of these guys before a sanctioning body even thinks about giving him a crack!!

And for that to happen, Duco need to part with some big bucks to put these fights are on the table!!
Sorry but out of order again but what's he done to be mentioned with these guys.....beats me
Don't know about Jennings (been there, done that), Stiverne and Pulev (same), Thompson (same), Chisora (same), but I agree with the rest.  No one wants to see those guys again, at least not anytime soon.  Yes to Wilder, Fury, Povetkin (a resurgence), Ruiz, Glazkov, Takam, Joshua, and Browne.  And Yes he needs to fight one or more of them for a title shot.  Not an easy feat.

As gothenaki pointed out, many others fighters haven't gotten in the top ten without criticism.  At least not from their countrymen.  But Parker is experiencing a Tall Poppy situation in NZ.  Keeps winning, fights name journeymen.  Top ten in two alphabets, great KO record, and he gets bagged!  What's he supposed to do?  I know.  Keep KO'ing those in front of him.  Next up, Saglam.
Hahaha used car salesman well done. Jo is doing fine, stating it as you see isn't bagging or hating he's just not in the same category yet as to those he gets hiphened to, may never be. And in my humble disconnected old socks opinion Jo may be brought towards the top as far as he may go free of pressure without b/S of world title contention and early unreal matchings where he is likely outclassed and eliminated.
True Sham. Parker is not there. May never be there. But those are the guys he needs to go thru to get to the title. BTW, saw KB on TV3 tonite. Said Parker was a 6 out of 10. Doesn't sound like hype to me. Said he had a long way to go.
(06-04-2015, 06:21 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Alexander Povetkin, Bryant Jennings, Bermaine Stiverne, Kubrat Pulev, Andy Ruiz, Czar Glazkov, Carlos Takam, Tony Thompson, Derek Chisora, Anthony Joshua, and Lucas Browne to name a few, are all in front of Parker for a title shot.... he's got to KO atleast a couple of these guys before a sanctioning body even thinks about giving him a crack!!

And for that to happen, Duco need to part with some big bucks to put these fights are on the table!!

I'd take Chisora, Browne and Ruiz. Next I'd take Stiverne and Glazkov. The rest I'd steer well clear of...

More likely it will be bum in Invercargill, then hopefully Leapai and Meehan