Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
Team Parker accuse Anthony Joshua of being driven by 'fear and greed' as unification talks reach stalemate

Anthony Joshua is maintaining a hard line over what he believes his share of a unification fight with Joseph Parker should be.

Joseph Parker's promoter claims Anthony Joshua's "fear and greed" are stalling a heavyweight unification fight.

The deal is agonisingly close to being done but both camps are holding their ground over the final percentage splits required to get it across the line.

Parker, the WBO champion, is willing to give Joshua, the WBA and IBF champion, 65 per cent of the profits and a rematch clause for a fight they are trying to arrange for next April in Europe.

Duco Events boss David Higgins is staunchly holding out for what he believes is a fair deal for his WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker.

Parker's boss David Higgins launched another strong attack on Joshua on Wednesday, coming rapidly on top of questioning the big Brit's sincerity about actually wanting to fight the Kiwi.

"It's all about fear and greed," Higgins told British outfit PSB Sports.

"Joshua is driven by fear and greed. He is scared that Joseph Parker will break his glass jaw ... that's the fear. And he wants a bigger percentage of the pie that is fair, and that's the greed kicking in.

"So Anthony Joshua's fear and greed are what's stopping the unification happening."

Higgins said Joshua had "drawn a line in the sand and won't move" in terms of the money split for the fight.

Asked what Parker thought about the negotiations dragging on, Higgins said: "Joseph is a very patient man. He's not desperate for money but he does want to unify. He's also a principled man who believes in what is fair and reasonable."

Higgins felt British fans had been "brainwashed into believing Anthony Joshua is the messiah and unbeatable" and that hype was hitting negotiations

​WBC champion Deontay Wilder is also eager to have a unification fight with Joshua but is standing firm on his demands for a 50 per cent cut.

"Joshua is a bubble of hype and the sooner he steps up to fight Joseph Parker we are sure that bubble will burst," Higgins said.

He suggested if unification deals couldn't be agreed the Joshua camp would go for a low voluntary fight and offer the opponent 10 per cent and "try to keep it quiet".

Higgins earlier told Stuff : "No developments ... stalemate."

That meant he was in no rush to fly to London to get the fight across the line unless Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn were willing to compromise further.

"As far as we're concerned, that's it for now. I won't be boarding a plane until we are closer," Higgins told Sky Sports in the UK.

"Higgins went on the attack against Joshua's claims that he wants to become the undisputed world champion while also trying to achieve a legacy in boxing the way Roger Federer had done in tennis.

"If Anthony says he wants to be the Roger Federer of boxing, can you imagine Roger Federer saying I want to win all the Grand Slams, but I won't play Wimbledon unless I get an extra three per cent?" Higgins asked.

"Can you imagine Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis dodging unification because 65 per cent of profit is not enough? The hallmarks of the greats is they fought the best and they didn't quibble over the money.

"Joshua, if he wants to be taken seriously, and he wants to put himself in the same sentence as Ali or George Foreman or Federer, has to prove he's a man of his word, and to date he's all hot air. We're losing patience."

Parker has a viable alternative in a trans-Tasman clash with rugged Australian heavyweight Lucas Browne that should prove a decent money-spinner and keep him busy for what must be an inevitable unification fight at some stage.

- Stuff
Zzzzzzzz
Parker not driven by money and wants to unify yet won’t accept anything less than 35%. The fair and reasonable comment is a throw away and only put in there to counter people saying “accept the offer and unify”

Take 25%. Win the fight, and then you can command a bigger purse as you are in the box seat.

Calling another boxer scared is ludicrous. What’s worse is that it’s he world champ who has a much more bigger profile than Parker.

To be fair though, the name calling is coming from Higgins, who doesn’t have the cojones to get in the ring. Lol
To be fair joshua should just take 65%.
I think Ducos antics have earned them the 35%. They've definitely hyped the fight. I think the whole of England wants to watch Parker get the bash
I think Joshua wins on points. It will go the distance with parker bagging a couple of rounds, maybe 6 and 7
(12-07-2017, 10:55 PM)Infern0 Wrote: To be fair joshua should just take 65%.

I agree and it includes a rematch in AJs favour as well should Parker pull off a massive upset.
(12-07-2017, 10:27 PM)Nigs Wrote: Parker not driven by money and wants to unify yet won’t accept anything less than 35%. The fair and reasonable comment is a throw away and only put in there to counter people saying “accept the offer and unify”

Take 25%. Win the fight, and then you can command a bigger purse as you are in the box seat.

Calling another boxer scared is ludicrous. What’s worse is that it’s he world champ who has a much more bigger profile than Parker.

To be fair though, the name calling is coming from Higgins, who doesn’t have the cojones to get in the ring. Lol

Nigs, I want to negotiate with you. Because I'd give you 32% and you'd take 25%. Aside from all the posturing with both Mr Higgins and Hearn, Parker has a dance partner lined up, AJ doesn't, and I think AJ needs to unify more than Parker. Hence, give the man his 35%. To me, it's less about money and more about the ref, judges, gloves, venue, etc. Would be interesting to see which of the promoters is getting their way on these.
Boxing: Andy Ruiz – Joseph Parker didn't hurt me

Andy Ruiz Jr, the heavyweight whom Joseph Parker beat by decision to claim the vacant WBO world title, believes a fight between the Kiwi and Anthony Joshua could go either way.

However, the tough Mexican-American, who suffered his first professional defeat when losing to Parker in Auckland late last year, added Parker never hurt him in their clash.

In fact, Ruiz had the better of the early stages of the fight with his hand speed and workrate, but didn't do enough in the second half and he certainly didn't hurt Parker either at any stage.

Parker is promising to knock out Englishman Joshua should they meet next year – negotiations are continuing – but the 25-year-old has failed to stop his last three opponents, beating Ruiz, Razvan Cojanu and Hughie Fury on points, and Ruiz said he thought Joshua was stronger.

"I think it'll be a good match up. It could go either way," Ruiz told Boxing News.

"I think Joshua's a little too strong. Joseph didn't hurt me at all, not even one time. Joseph Parker's going to have to do something different to what he normally does to win this fight.

"But Joshua is pretty good. He stays tall too much. He never had a pressure fighter on him all the time. It would be a good match up."

Ruiz's trainer, the respected and experienced Abel Sanchez, agreed a fight between Parker and Joshua would be good one, and told BWTM Sports Channel he believed Joshua could get the decision.

"That's a very good fight," Sanchez said. "I think Joshua wins that fight, though. I think that Joshua is a little more skilled than Parker. Andy pressed him, Andy made him back up a little bit and was able to hit him with good shots.

"We had the speed in that fight but we didn't get the decision. I think in that fight Joshua wins the decision."
(12-06-2017, 12:49 PM)bopman Wrote: fight browne, Joshua doesnt want to fight

(12-08-2017, 08:09 PM)diehard Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 10:27 PM)Nigs Wrote: Parker not driven by money and wants to unify yet won’t accept anything less than 35%. The fair and reasonable comment is a throw away and only put in there to counter people saying “accept the offer and unify”

Nigs, I want to negotiate with you.  Because I'd give you 32% and you'd take 25%.  Aside from all the posturing with both Mr Higgins and Hearn, Parker has a dance partner lined up, AJ doesn't, and I think AJ needs to unify more than Parker.  Hence, give the man his 35%.  To me, it's less about money and more about the ref, judges, gloves, venue, etc.  Would be interesting to see which of the promoters is getting their way on these.

If the fight gets made all those small points are going hearns way. 

Personally i do understand the issue because say for instance joshua vs takam was 90/10 split in favour of joshua, well if he's giving parker 25% more of the pot than takam, is the fight going to make that much more than the takam one because if not then joshua is taking a paycut 

Similarly and boxing gossip mentioned this hearn could give dillian whyte 2 million pound for an AJ rematch and even though thats a crappy fight the casuals would lap it up. Manufacture some "fake beef", have chisora throw some bottles at joshuas head at a presser or sonething and boom, fight would sell like crazy to the uk casuals.

Even though as boxing fans thats the last thing WE want to see, it could be done and it would nake money. So thus is the stumbling block as i see it. Parkers market value in the uk is practically nothing, so even giving him 35% is probably gonna mean a paycut for joshua.

Its a strange financial situation currently in the division because outside of maybe povetkin nobody comes close to joshua in money terms.