Heavyweight Division
Has Ustinov beaten anyone better than an aging David Tua?
(11-26-2017, 07:34 PM)diehard Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 06:14 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 05:25 PM)diehard Wrote: Somebody better tell AJ.  Fast.  He's negotiating with Mr Higgins like he has two belts.  Does he have just one?  Back to 50%

Joshua is the "WBA Super Champion"

Charr is the "WBA Regular Champion"

i'm not making that up btw.

Does Super trump Regular?

Yes. The "super" is like the real title and the regular is like the interim.

But you an only win the super in a Uuification, or some bs like that

Like haye has the regular WBA but at the time there was no super, then when he fought Wlad wlad won his regular title but it got upgraded to "super"

i have no idea what's going on tbh apart from heres some pictures

Regular title:
[Image: wba-belt.jpg]

Super title
[Image: 12210194-all-new-wba-super-champion-belt-by-sartonk.jpg]
Actually i just looked it up here's the deal

The WBA recognises the title holders from the WBC, WBO, and IBF organisations. The WBA refers to a champion who holds two or more of these titles in the same weight class as a "Super Champion", "Unified Champion", or "Undisputed Champion". This applies even if the WBA title is not one of the titles held by the "Undisputed Champion."[7][8] In September 2008 for example, Nate Campbell was recognized as the WBA's "Undisputed Champion" at lightweight due to holding the WBO and IBF titles as well, while the WBA's "Regular" champion was Yusuke Kobori.[9]

If a fighter with multiple titles also holds the WBA's title, the fighter is promoted to "Super Champion" and the WBA title—which is then referred to as the "Regular" title—becomes vacant for competition by other WBA-ranked boxers. As a result, the WBA's official list of champions will often show a "WBA Super World Champion" and a "WBA World Champion" for the same weight class, instead of simply "WBA Champion."[10] The WBA has even been known to recognize three different fighters as one form of champion or another in the same weight class ("Super", "Regular", and "interim champion"), and there have been occasions where two different WBA "World" champions have defended their own versions of the same title, in the same weight class, on the same night, in two different parts of the world.

A WBA champion may be promoted to "Super Champion" without winning another organization's title: Chris John, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Anselmo Moreno are examples. The WBA will also promote their titlist to a "Super" champion when he successfully defends his title five times.[11]

As of 2017, the WBA continues to issue Regular titles, despite having previusly stated that they would seek to reduce their number of titles to one per weight class.[12][13]
Oh God could you imagine the WBA now enforcing a mandatory on AJ to fight Manuel Charr what an absolute circus this regular WBA belt is.

I can see plenty of people lining up to fight Charr now for this joke belt. Wouldn't suprise me if he fights Whyte or Bellew next and Eddie gives Fres Oquendo step aside money to sit out and wait longer for his opportunity.
(11-26-2017, 08:11 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Actually i just looked it up here's the deal

The WBA recognises the title holders from the WBC, WBO, and IBF organisations. The WBA refers to a champion who holds two or more of these titles in the same weight class as a "Super Champion", "Unified Champion", or "Undisputed Champion". This applies even if the WBA title is not one of the titles held by the "Undisputed Champion."[7][8] In September 2008 for example, Nate Campbell was recognized as the WBA's "Undisputed Champion" at lightweight due to holding the WBO and IBF titles as well, while the WBA's "Regular" champion was Yusuke Kobori.[9]

If a fighter with multiple titles also holds the WBA's title, the fighter is promoted to "Super Champion" and the WBA title—which is then referred to as the "Regular" title—becomes vacant for competition by other WBA-ranked boxers. As a result, the WBA's official list of champions will often show a "WBA Super World Champion" and a "WBA World Champion" for the same weight class, instead of simply "WBA Champion."[10] The WBA has even been known to recognize three different fighters as one form of champion or another in the same weight class ("Super", "Regular", and "interim champion"), and there have been occasions where two different WBA "World" champions have defended their own versions of the same title, in the same weight class, on the same night, in two different parts of the world.

A WBA champion may be promoted to "Super Champion" without winning another organization's title: Chris John, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Anselmo Moreno are examples. The WBA will also promote their titlist to a "Super" champion when he successfully defends his title five times.[11]

As of 2017, the WBA continues to issue Regular titles, despite having previusly stated that they would seek to reduce their number of titles to one per weight class.[12][13]

Infern0, with that kind of knowledge and research, I'll never question or challenge you again. You are King. From what I understand, now Charr has to fight 44 year old Oquendo due to some past arrangement.

But yes, African Monkey, the Regular and Super WBA champ should face each other for the "undisputed" WBA champ.
(11-26-2017, 08:33 PM)diehard Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 08:11 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Actually i just looked it up here's the deal

Infern0, with that kind of knowledge and research, I'll never question or challenge you again.  You are King.  From what I understand, now Charr has to fight 44 year old Oquendo due to some past arrangement.  

But yes, African Monkey, the Regular and Super WBA champ should face each other for the "undisputed" WBA champ.

As long as it isn't AJ v Charr lol.
Yeah, but if AJ doesn't fight Wilder or Parker, he might as well fight Charr.  I think Charr has to fight Oquendo first though.
...and they say that Parker is up himself...

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/anthony-joshua-i-would-break-down-tyson-fury-a-real-gruesome-type-fight/
(11-27-2017, 10:09 PM)diehard Wrote: ...and they say that Parker is up himself...

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/anthony-joshua-i-would-break-down-tyson-fury-a-real-gruesome-type-fight/

Every heavyweight and his dog has been downplaying joshua, talking bad about him, rubbishing him etc etc etc while he has carried himself as the respectful and consumate pro.

Now he's clearly getting tired of all these bums questioning him and has decided to answer back, I like it.

Joshua has got a dark, sadistic side to him, he shows it in the ring sometimes, throwing haymakers with bad intentions at downed, helpless opponents, mocking opponents after he knocks them out

I have a feeling Parker is going to meet the darkest, most cruel version of Anthony Joshua yet.
So if Charr defended his title 5 times, would he become a super champion too? And then would two more fighters fight for the vacant regular title? Its like an 8 year olds playground game.