Poll: Who you picking
Anthony Joshua
Joseph Parker
I cant pick a winner
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking.
Less than half say Joshua, there's a lot of hopefull Parker fans. Got to be paying 10 bucks at the tab (if the fight happens).
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/98742307/joseph-parker-willing-to-take-40-per-cent-of-unification-fight-deal-with-anthony-joshua
I wonder if he'd bring butterbean over to England to be on the undercard?
I tell you what if they DO get 40% then Mr Higgins deserves to be made NZ Businessman of the year because JP would be generating about 10% of the revenue.

Lets see if Hearn is willing to take the financial hit
Now that Mr Higgins will take 40%, look for them to settle on 35%. Far cry from 20%. Good payday. No way this fight goes 12 rounds. Parker will get hit with a power shot by AJ, and AJ will finish him off. Parker's best chance to prevent that is to recover his speed, and get in his shots in the exchanges like Whyte did. Or blind AJ with a jab, following up with a right hand like Klit did. But he's gonna need some power for that to happen.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/98741928/eddie-hearn-confirms-start-of-anthony-joshuadeontay-wilder-heavyweight-title-talks
They may get 40%, with a rematch clause if Joshua loses. I still think it's unlikely though. The fair amount imo is 33%, as Parker has one belt to AJ's two.
(11-10-2017, 12:08 PM)Msreef Wrote: They may get 40%, with a rematch clause if Joshua loses. I still think it's unlikely though. The fair amount imo is 33%, as Parker has one belt to AJ's two.

Good way to work the percentage: with the number of belts they have! Parker wins either way. He has other fights if he doesn't get his percentage with Hearn. If AJ beats Wilder, Joe's percentage would probably increase. However, if Wilder beats AJ, and there's a rematch, and Wilder wins again, Parker would be lucky to get a million against Wilder, who has limited market value. Plus, Parker would have to wait another year.
(11-09-2017, 08:39 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Its an interesting fight to me purely for the reason that AJ has looked a bit poor in his last couple of fights and doesnt seem to be "getting" the weight issue.

But inspire of Barry's insistence he wasnt "impressed" by joshua against takam, to me it showed the difference in class between AJ and Parker.

To me, joshua looked unmotivated and flat against Takam, yet still totally dominated the fight with no issues aside from an intentional headbutt.

Joe gave everything vs Takam and went life and death in pulling out a decision that was very debatable.

I don't see Joe as being levels above someone like Takam, where obviously Joshua clearly is. Joshua has beaten a better fighter than Paker already, Parker hasnt faced anyone as goid as joshua and has veen fortunate to beat inferior fighters.

Combined to this, Barry seems to have a foolhardy hope that Joshuas chin is really really bad and that parker will be able to hold up in a firefight, and people will point to takam going 10 rounds but takam tucks up, ducks, makes himself very hard to hit clean, parker doesn't, joshua will find him early with clean punches and i dont think joe has enough power to send back the other way.

I picture joe getting buzzed early in the fight then trying to resort to the backfoot boxing, but being the shorter man with shorter reach thats not going to be super effective.

I do think he will do the 12 though and itll be like a clear 8-4 or 9-3 to AJ but some on here will say it was a robbery

i was going to give my analysis on how i think the fight will go, but its basically what Inferno said.

Joe's handspeed may cause AJ problems, but i think Joe's lack of head movement and foot work will be his undoing.
Joe may have given it everything he had against Takam, but he made some really novice mistakes. Like going straight back when attacked, coming off the ropes with his chin held high, not good footwork. All things that would make Joe a much better fighter if he corrected them. My worry is that he's developed more novice mistakes. Like no left hook, lunging, no second phase attack, closing his eyes when he punches, staying in the pocket after he punches while keeping his face in range, etc. All correctable, and hopefully KB can correct all this while at his Auckland camp. The worry is that he's making these mistakes while being trained by KB.
(11-10-2017, 04:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Joe may have given it everything he had against Takam, but he made some really novice mistakes.  Like going straight back when attacked, coming off the ropes with his chin held high, not good footwork.  All things that would make Joe a much better fighter if he corrected them.  My worry is that he's developed more novice mistakes.  Like no left hook, lunging, no second phase attack, closing his eyes when he punches, staying in the pocket after he punches while keeping his face in range, etc.  All correctable, and hopefully KB can correct all this while at his Auckland camp.  The worry is that he's making these mistakes while being trained by KB.

I think Barry has trained these mistakes into him and you wouldn't want to be working on trying to reverse all of that in one camp.

My thoughts were that JP needed to leave KB after the Ruiz jr fight but they have persisted. He could get away with it vs Razman and the very negative, low output hughie fury but i think the mistakes are gonna catch up here.