Heavyweight Division
I think it's a better fight than Pulev. It will be interesting to see how AJ handles a decent pressure fighter who has a good chin.
AJ will blast this guy out inside 4 rounds

Hop on the short notice excuse early
Carlos Takam to fight Anthony Joshua after Kubrat Pulev withdraws with injury

Beaten by Joseph Parker in 2016, French-Cameroonian boxer Carlos Takam will square off against unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua later this month. 
Joshua, who boasts a 19-0 professional record, was expected to put his belts on the line against Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev on October 29 (NZ time), but an injury to Pulev during sparring put the bout in doubt. 
On Tuesday (NZ time), the IBF No 1 and current mandatory contender was forced to withdraw due to the muscle tear in his shoulder and Takam was called in for the bout.

The 36-year-old currently sits immediately below Pulev in the IBF ratings, and was the top target for Joshua's manager Eddie Hearn should Pulev withdraw from the fight.

Anthony Joshua had plenty to smile about after beating Wladimir Klitschko in a world heavyweight boxing title fight at London's Wembley Stadium in April.

Hearn said Takam, who hasn't fought since June, was on standby as soon as Joshua's bout against Pulev was announced. 
"It's a difficult position for AJ. Having prepared meticulously for the style and height of Pulev, he now faces a completely different style and challenge in Takam - this hasn't happened in his career."
Joshua's fight with Takam will be a good guide to where Parker stands in relation to Joshua.
Parker beat Takam by unanimous decision in a tough fight in Manukau. At the time, Joshua said he would have knocked out Takam, who showed he could take a punch against Parker. Now Joshua gets a chance to prove that statement.

A win over Takam would likely free Joshua - the current IBF, WBA and IBO heavyweight champion - to pursue a possible unification bout against Parker, the current WBO heavyweight champion, or American Deontay Wilder, who has held the WBC heavyweight title since 2015. 
Takam has a 35-3-1 record with 27 wins by knockout and will likely give a good indication in comparing Joshua and Parker being the first opponent the two have had in common. 
He lost to Parker in 2016 by unanimous decision - 116-112 116-112 115-113.
Parker's promoter David Higgins confirmed they didn't have any approach about filling Pulev's place for the fight.
He said Takam was the natural replacement given his IBF ranking.
Higgins said they were going through the due diligence process in terms of Parker's next potential opponent.
The hope was they may have something in place in the next week but conceded it could well take longer than that.

- Stuff
(10-17-2017, 04:45 PM)Infern0 Wrote: AJ will blast this guy out inside 4 rounds

Hop on the short notice excuse early

Infern0,

I'm thinking pretty much the same.  AJ will have come on leaps and bounds after putting Vlad into retirement.  Look for a looser looking boxer confidently firing sharp jabs and leading straight rights.  Takam is a stand your ground fighter who is happy to block, fend and roll from the hips - rather than move his feet - to soak up pressure.  Joshua is too; big, young, powerful, confident and focused for Takam.  After a few onesided rounds Joshua will find his range and overpower Takam.  AJ by KO round 1 to 5. 

I fully expect this fight to spotlight exactly where Joseph is in the Heavyweight ranks. 

..Am less than impressed of the need to repeat the point that Fury, Cojanu and Ruiz are all awkward fighters and that no one looks good against them..  Don't apologise for Joseph! Teach him to box!!

V.

Pulev never wanted the fight, he's already turned AJ down in the past. Expect him to come up against someone like Francesco Pianeta in the next couple of months.

I don't expect Takam to win but he'll hold his own and won't come to lie down and collect his paycheck. AJ to stop him between round 8-10.
(10-17-2017, 04:29 PM)Msreef Wrote: I think it's a better fight than Pulev. It will be interesting to see how AJ handles a decent pressure fighter who has a good chin.

There's no way it's a better fight than Pulev. Pulev is ranked in the top 5 by basically every publication going. Ring mag, boxrec etc. It is a good short notice replacement though. I can't see Takam pressuring Joshua at all. He's giving up size and weight. Plus AJ throws uppercuts with bad intentions on the inside (Whyte, Klit). He won't want to stay inside for long. I think he'll just try and survive for as long as possible and collect his huge cheque.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11085499/joshua-vs-takam-anthony-joshua-admits-that-new-challenger-carlos-takam-could-ruin-his-perfect-record

Joshua sounds rattled , late change can mess with a fighters focus

Takam needs to sit behind his shoulder roll and take a heap of punches THEN react...

We saw Joshua gas badly and get put down, old Wlad couldn't find another gear and Joshua came back strong.

Takam had an opportunity in the 8th round against Parker, still remember seeing Joe mouth open hands down after throwing 30 odd shots - if he gets another opportunity like that I hope he can pull the trigger
If Joshua is rattled by Takam something is seriously wrong, awful opponent.
Takam is a decent opponent but without a full camp I cant see it being competitive.
Takam has had a full camp in prep for AJ.
AJ is the one who won't be prepared for Takam, style wise.