AJ vs Klit is ON!!!
AJ vs Izu would be a great fight. Izu is quick, and has a very good body shot.

The body I believe is AJ's biggest weakness. Bang to the ribs, get those big arms down a bit and crack that jaw.
If it doesn't happen, I guess the likely contenders are:

Pulev -unlikely, he turned it down previously
Hughie Fury - if a better financial offer is made
David Price - Hearn said Price needs to prove himself first, but could happen as they need to sign someone up quick if they are going to fight Nov/Dec
Parker - credible and willing, but possibly not worth the risk / reward

Could be someone else in the top 15 but they need to stitch something up fast. I don't think it will be Izu, they'd chose Parker over him I reckon.
Yeah, they won't pick Izu, who I see having the same chance as Parker. Maybe better. I still think AJ/Klit will happen in December. On another note, the WBO is starting their conference today. Will be interesting to see if they sanction Parker/Ruiz for a title fight.
Maybe better chance than Parker die? I see Izu's style very similar to AJs, with a long reach, working the left to load with the right. I think that would make it a bit of a stylistically "boring" fight. Boring in terms of probably a number of rounds will be gauging distance with the jab. With neither ready to get in, maybe like Wlad v Fury where there were plenty of feints, pawing jabs and not many shots per round...

Parker on the other hand seems better at getting in and fighting taller opponents. Think back to all his fights, his best efforts are against the taller opposition.

Looking back on the above sentence, I'm probably way off the mark, but I suppose you get where I'm coming from...? ?
(10-18-2016, 05:49 PM)NakiFan Wrote: AJ vs Izu would be a great fight. Izu is quick, and has a very good body shot.

The body I believe is AJ's biggest weakness. Bang to the ribs, get those big arms down a bit and crack that jaw.

Izus best opponent is a guy who was filler on prize fighter a few years ago

Pipe down
(10-18-2016, 08:08 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Maybe better chance than Parker die? I see Izu's style very similar to AJs, with a long reach, working the left to load with the right. I think that would make it a bit of a stylistically "boring" fight. Boring in terms of probably a number of rounds will be gauging distance with the jab. With neither ready to get in, maybe like Wlad v Fury where there were plenty of feints, pawing jabs and not many shots per round...

Parker on the other hand seems better at getting in and fighting taller opponents. Think back to all his fights, his best efforts are against the taller opposition.

Looking back on the above sentence, I'm probably way off the mark, but I suppose you get where I'm coming from...? ?

Izu has tremendous power, and great body shots with better defense than Parker. He IS a little like AJ but moves better. Izu is an unknown until he fights better opposition. Then we'll have a better chance to gauge where he is.
Contradictory statements there die Wink
This site is getting ridiculous.

Now AJ is just a poor quality izu clone with less movement.

Seriously?

Look at izus resume, it makes Joshua's look like alias

And if you think Julius long us getting out of the first round with Joshua let alone going the distance, we'll I've got news for you.

The disrespect shown AJ on this site is unreal, the guy was one of the best amateurs in the world and has looked phenomenal so far as a pro save for 1 round.

All the times parker has looked poor (several tines tbh) just get totally overlooked and now even izu is seen as better based on being the 10th guy to KO a fat Frenchman

Get real guys, it's becoming embarrassing to be an nz boxing fan
AJ has looked great for the most part, against top 30 opponents. I'll give him full credit when he fights and beats a legit top 10 fighter.

Btw, Izu does have way better movement than AJ. That doesn't mean he's a better fighter. If Joshua has fought c grade opponents, Izu has fought f grade.
I think Izu holds his own sparring with Parker.  And Parker is being lined up to face AJ.  So I'm saying that Izu has skills that Parker doesn't possess.  Better defense, movement, body shots.  And remember, Izu has sparred the same guys as Parker.

I'm not being contradictory.  He may fall flat on his face facing top 10 guys.  AJ and Parker have only faced ONE top ten guy.  I need to see Izu challenged before I'm all in on his ability.  Parker had Takam.  AJ had, er, Martin.  

I have huge respect for AJ.  I see AJ/Klit as a pick'em fight.  As well as AJ fighting Wilder, Povetkin, Haye, Ortiz, Fury.  I give Parker an underdog status due to his defense right now.  AJ has never faced that level of opposition before, yet I give him an even chance.  That's not disrespect.  It's a compliment to his power and boxing skills.  Let's see how he does with Klit, and then we can re-assess.