Chocolatito/Martinez. DAZN. Sunday
Trainer: Chocolatito has no distractions this time.

By Hesiquio Balderas

Marcos Caballero, chief trainer of Nicaraguan legend and former multi-division world champion Roman “Chocolatito” González, talks to Fightnews.com® about this weekend’s fight against Julio Cesar Martinez.

“We made a lot of changes, especially in the mental part and what I mean by this is to focus more on strategy, to be more focused on that department. With Estrada, we did so but not 100%. I still think we won the fight fair and square but we didn’t apply the strategy as we planned it during the fight, but this time is different. He listens more and sticks to our game plan in the gym and he will do it in the fight. This is one of the best camps we ever had.

“We are focusing on this fight against Martinez who is a tough fighter, he comes forward and throws a lot of punches, if all goes well we have many options after this fight. There are new champions in this division and it opens a lot of doors and windows of opportunities, a rematch with Gallo Estrada is there too, so we’ll see what happens.

“Anything can happen in boxing. I know that Rey Martinez is a hungry fighter, but if he comes relentlessly he is going to hit a brick wall. You need to have a lot of tools to beat Chocolatito, but anything can happen inside the ring. We don’t underestimate anyone.”

“The fans can expect the best Chocolatito with all his skills and all his arsenal inside the ring. The best version of Roman will show up. All the hard work we did he will put on display on Saturday night and it will be a great fight. God first, it will be a great show for the fans,” concluded Caballero.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chocolatito/Martinez. DAZN. Sunday - diehard - 03-05-2022, 04:08 PM