NZBoxChat
Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! (/showthread.php?tid=815)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 10-31-2019

Yep, this Sunday at 2PM (NZ Time), the Canelo vs Kovalev fight will be on SKY Channel 265 for $35.

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 10-31-2019

MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
media Latin America: Canal Space

light heavy Saul Alvarez 52 1 2
S
Sergey Kovalev 34 3 1
pro boxing
World Boxing Organisation World Light Heavy Title

light Ryan Garcia 18 0 0
S
Romero Duno 21 1 0
pro boxing
vacant World Boxing Council Silver Light Title
World Boxing Organisation NABO Light Title

super welter Bakhram Murtazaliev 16 0 0
S
Jorge Fortea 20 1 1
pro boxing
Eurasian Boxing Parliament Super Welter Title

fly Seniesa Estrada 17 0 0
S
Marlen Esparza 7 0 0
pro boxing
interim World Boxing Association World Female Fly Title

welter Blair Cobbs 12 0 1
S
Carlos Ortiz Cervantes 11 4 0
pro boxing

middle Meiirim Nursultanov 12 0 0
S
Cristian Olivas 16 5 0
pro boxing
World Boxing Council United States (USNBC) Middle Title

super welter Evan Holyfield debut
S
Nick Winstead 0 1 0
pro boxing

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 11-01-2019

Ryan Garcia: A lot of things have been said about me not taking the fight in September but look, I’m taking it now…I just got a lot of haters and they want to see me lose, even if I knock him out and I put on a beautiful boxing performance, they’re not going to respect me but I’m okay with that. I’m okay with just being confident in myself. I have a lot of respect for Romero Duno. Sometimes it confuses me when he wears t-shirts that ‘Ryan Garcia is running,’ so I’m a little confused, but I respect him.”

Romero Duno: “I wanted to give the fans what they want. They say they want me to fight King Ryan. I was ready [in September], I was always ready. I was born ready.”

Seniesa Estrada: “She has a bad ego, bad attitude, she’s disrespectful, she’s just a nasty person with a nasty attitude. Marlen Esparza is delusional. I’m going to be the bully Saturday night, that’s for sure.”

Marlen Esparza: “She’s a compulsive liar. She tries to play victim all the time. You’re not the victim here, and then you want to shove me? Which are you, are you the victim or the bully? You need to pick a side.”

Blair Cobbs: “I’m going out there to impress and show the world – millions around the world – what Blair ‘The Flair’ is all about baby. Woo!”

Carlos Ortiz: “I’m very grateful to be participating on such a card with great boxers.”

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 11-02-2019

https://fightnews.com/canelo-makes-weight-kovalev-heavy/59715

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - nullanulla - 11-02-2019

OK so who's everyone got for this? It's a hard one to pick as there are so many unknowns going in to this fight. I guess the smart money would have to be on a Canelo decision in Vegas?

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - bart - 11-02-2019

Kinda hoping Krusher does it, but could go either way

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 11-02-2019

I'm taking Krusher with 4-1 odds. Canelo will rue the stepping up in weight. I bought the PPV. Anyone else?

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - nullanulla - 11-03-2019

Obviously Kovalev will want to fight on the outside using his height and reach advantage whereas Canelo will be looking to close the distance to neutralize Kovalev's jab and work him over to the body. He will need to be cautious in doing so though as Kovalev might be well past his best but still has one punch knockout power. While Canelo undoubtedly has a great chin and good head movement he could certainly find himself on the canvas for the first time in his career if he gets caught coming in. Will this one play out like the Mikey Garcia - Errol Spence fight with Canelo for all his talent and abilities not being able to overcome Kovalev's natural size advantage? Or has Krusher been in too many wars and will Canelo's aggression and hand speed be too much for him?

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - diehard - 11-03-2019

Nulla, I see it the opposite. Canelo will fight on the outside as he is the better boxer, with Kovalev looking to land the big punch to end it by coming forward. All will be revealed this afternoon. Are you gonna watch it?

RE: Canelo vs Kovalev on SKY! - justafan - 11-03-2019

Anyone see if Crolla's farewell fight is on SKY this morning?