NZBoxChat
The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights (/showthread.php?tid=717)

Pages: 1 2

The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Ibeabuchi - 07-03-2019

They have to be the two most obvious fixed bouts Ive ever seen. I know Clarence isnt a great boxer but rewatching that bout and especially the stoppage it looked like WWE in there
The Botha fight was just surreal, first of all the bout is shortened as SBW is on the verge of being ktfo, I dont care what they say that was a scheduled 12 rounder. It was also plain to see if Frans wanted to he could have taken SOnny out at any point, Williams was hands down, chin out all night long and clearly lacked knock out power
what do you guys remember about those fights? If Sonny ever fights Gallen he gets stretched

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Ibeabuchi - 07-03-2019

The Tillman travesty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnB5MULj6zM

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - bart - 07-03-2019

Botha fight I agree
Tillman I think got caught and hurt - no issue

Tillman goes the distance a few fights earlier against a heavy handed Lucas Browne and gets knocked out in 1 by a feather fisted arm puncher? The way he was hanging off the rope chin in the air inviting Sonny to hit him was laughable, Ive never seen a fighter of any level do that

Heres Clarence boxing properly against Browne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sk3_oNUPzE

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Infern0 - 07-04-2019

Both fights were fixed, SBW had basically zero fighting ability, Botha especially could have won that fight whenever he chose. I think round 10 he decided to just show everyone what was up lol.

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Nigs - 07-04-2019

Both fights were a massive fix. i remember someone on this forum (i won't say his name) saying he had evidence it was a fix. I think his fighter was offered the fixed fight originally but he declined, and also declined to take it to media.

but even without knowing that, you could see clearly both fights were fixed. Clarence's acting isn't very good, although he almost had the fight cancelled when he clipped SBW at the weigh in and buckled his knees haha.

botha was holding back to make it interesting, then they shifted the goal posts mid fight haha.

SBW is a supreme athlete who plays rugby, and played boxing. lol

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - diehard - 07-04-2019

Definitely the Tillman fight was fixed. With Botha, I think Botha did try to win this. It was the promoter/ref/officials who fixed it.

I DO think that SBW had some potential early on. He did well with sparring Parker, and Parker was able to get a world title. But SBW would have had to dedicate himself solely to boxing, give up his lifestyle, and sleep in KB's house for years. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Nor, I guess SBW didn't think it was worth the struggle.

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - bart - 07-04-2019

I think he did have potential but no power punch- not sure if he could develop one. Throwing a power punch makes you vulnerable and I don't think his whiskers are anything near JP level.
I think he fights like an athlete - Botha was 62 years old but was confident once SBW slowed he would have the cunning to take him out... when this came clear to Koder he had 2 rounds removed so Bothas plan could not be completed.
Imagine EH jumping in after round 4 v Ruiz with AJ ahead on pts to say this title fight (SBW was a title fight of some kind which are 12 rds) and said this fight is a 4 rounder as Ruiz looks similar to Butterbean..

RE: The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights - Nigs - 07-04-2019

(07-04-2019, 12:32 PM)bart Wrote: I think he did have potential but no power punch- not sure if he could develop one. Throwing a power punch makes you vulnerable and I don't think his whiskers are anything near JP level.
I think he fights like an athlete - Botha was 62 years old but was confident once SBW slowed he would have the cunning to take him out... when this came clear to Koder he had 2 rounds removed so Bothas plan could not be completed.
Imagine EH jumping in after round 4 v Ruiz with AJ ahead on pts to say this title fight (SBW was a title fight of some kind which are 12 rds) and said this fight is a 4 rounder as Ruiz looks similar to Butterbean..

Remember Botha came out after the fight saying he was asked to take a dive. he said no, but agreed to carry the fight into the later rounds. watching that fight, you could see Botha pulling back punches when SBW was open. remember, this is a seasoned professional up a against a novice with no amateur background.

Botha would have had him out 1-3 if he wanted to. lets not be naive.