NZBoxChat
Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm (/showthread.php?tid=716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - diehard - 07-04-2019

Danny, there was some video-tape of their sparring which I saw years ago. David held his own, but if I remember correctly, he got caught late in sparring (which wasn't on the video) and Duva stopped it. Do you remember that happening?

At one point, I remember Tua/Tyson was being talked about happening, but then scuttled. Don't know why. Do you recall???

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - Ibeabuchi - 07-04-2019

Shane Cameron did some sparring with Mike Tyson at one point,

on Jimmy Peaus record in his 2nd fight it reads that he knocked out Kevin Barry, is it THE Kevin Barry? I dont remember him turning pro?

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - Dannyboy - 07-04-2019

I heard that rumour too about Holyfield stopping David in sparring but from my mind this never happened.

What I saw was too very tired sparring partners throwing bombs at the end of the round. Neither getting the upper hand, and both very tired.

I think Tyson/Tua never eventuated because of a couple of reasons. Duva, and eventually K Barry couldn't negotiate with Don King.

King made the terms too hard to make, and also both fighters were on different paths.

Would have been a great fight and would never count David out of this one. Its was 50-50 all day long. At the time, they both loved going toe to toe throwing bombs... would have been awesome!!

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - craigyid14 - 07-04-2019

(07-04-2019, 02:51 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: on Jimmy Peaus record in his 2nd fight it reads that he knocked out Kevin Barry, is it THE Kevin Barry? I dont remember him turning pro?

No this was an Aussie Kevin Barry, I don't think he's even alive now.

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - bart - 07-04-2019

No Kevin Barry ( the Kiwi) never turned pro, he was going to after the olympics and apparently a million $ deal was in the making for him to fight Holyfield but too much time passed and the interest in US passed. Thats what I remember hearing anyway.
I think KB knew he wasn't suited to the pro game and didn't go any further

so re Cameron as a cruiser weight, was this where he should have spent the majority of his career? I thought after Tua when he dropped down he struggled at cruiser the Amman,McCracken and Vaea fights were all bouts he was getting outboxed in for long periods. The Green fight he looked leaden foot and dead at the weight

RE: Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm - mippy - 07-04-2019

(07-04-2019, 10:12 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: so re Cameron as a cruiser weight, was this where he should have spent the majority of his career? I thought after Tua when he dropped down he struggled at cruiser the Amman,McCracken and Vaea fights were all bouts he was getting outboxed in for long periods. The Green fight he looked leaden foot and dead at the weight

I think for the Green fight, he cut too much weight too quickly and was fatigued from the first round 

The Green fight Danny lowered the weight limit and had all sorts weigh in restrictions re the timing etc
Shane looked drained and strength strapped but he wanted the fight
Danny was a small cruiser so lowering the weight suited him... pretty sure that was how it went.
The first few fights I thin Shane was coming to terms with cruiser- remember speed wasn't his asset at heavy so he would be probably slower at cruiser

I meant he would be slower at cruiser as the naturally lighter guys would be faster than heavies