NZBoxChat
Warriors - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warriors (/showthread.php?tid=63)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Warriors - Boxingfan25 - 10-21-2015

Also I want Simon Mannering to be replaced as Captain by Ryan Hoffman. It's all
Very well to lead by example but it's not enough you need to have a voice too especially with so many new young players in the team who need a bit of guidance and instruction during the game. Not only that I believe that a captain should constantly be talking to his players keeping then
Motivated and keeping that communication going and when they Warriors concede a try the captain should be calling a huddle and revving his team up and getting then going. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

RE: Warriors - diehard - 10-21-2015

Mannering is ok, but why not put Hoffman in as co-captain? One leads by example, the other talks. Yes, Mannering and Henry are not the attacking threat of Kata and Hurrell, but their defence is rock solid, and we have enough strike power in other positions...my fear is that Leuluai will play #6, where he is a disaster. Better coming off the bench, or better yet, going back to the UK with Tomkins.

Matty Johns is reporting that Cleary is coming to the Warriors, according to his sources. With two weeks to go before pre-season training, I doubt it. Especially with Doyle saying no. With the Panthers injury list this year, and his previous success at both the Panthers and Warriors, he was really hard done by.

RE: Warriors - Boxingfan25 - 10-21-2015

Yeah i wouldnt mind having them as Co-Captains aslong as there is someone out there with authourity and talking that is crucial. I wouldnt rule Ivan Cleary out just yet as if they dont get him now then he will get snapped up by somneone else and locked into a contract for probably about 3 years. I say sign him up get him to come in as an advisor to Mcfadden and see how that works out if it doesnt do any good then have Cleary take over as Head Coach he was doing great things with the warriors before he left and the truth is since hes been gone they have been Rubbish.

RE: Warriors - diehard - 10-22-2015

Yeah, but I don't think it would be helpful to have Cleary looking over Cappy's shoulder as he's trying to keep his job.  He'll be around all season, and if Cappy falters, he'll jump in.  And don't forget Toovey.  Look what happened to Anthony Griffin, he waited his time, and got the Panthers job.

To me, it's the edges on defence, and it needs to be shore up.  Think that's why they got that assistant coach from the Storm.  Saw somewhere that the Warriors tried to get yet another centre, who signed with another club.  Doesn't speak well of Kata or Hurrell's chances at first grade.

RE: Warriors - diehard - 12-27-2015

OK, another year, another HOPE stage that this is their year.  You Warriors posters, see what you think of this line-up:

1) RTS
2) Lolohea
3) Ayshford
4) Hurrell
5) Manu
6) Robson
7) Shauny J.
8) Lillyman
9) Luke
10) Matulino
11) Bodene
12) Hoffman
13) Mannering
Bench
14) Lisone
15) Vete
16) Henry
17) Leuleui
Possibles
Kata
Fusitua
Sio

What do ya' think?

RE: Warriors - NakiFan - 12-27-2015

Excited if Luke fires, because I see Johnson/Luke combination as very very dangerous. NOT TO MENTION RTS running off breaks that the halves could create....

Let's just hope they are fit. ALL BLACK fit, not Warriors fit.

NakiFan, what about #6 and centre? Those seem to be the question marks...Hurrell seems to be fit, judging by pictures at training. If he can make it thru the holidays fit, we'll be ok there.

RE: Warriors - NakiFan - 12-27-2015

The centres have always had question marks...either brilliant or rubbish. A heavy polynesian/maori rich team rides more on emotion....if they are going good, they are near on unstoppable, but if they get their heads down, they tend to get blown away. That's typical Warriors since they started....and us fans ride on that emotional rollercoaster.

What I do like is that there is experience scattered throughout, that will definitely help.

Experience and depth was Cappy's Christmas wish. I do see Ayshford starting ahead of Kata due to his defence, but Ayshford is not even that good defensively, just more experienced, and probably better defensively, than Kata.

Robson gives Shauny J a steady hand, Lolo at 6 gives him explosiveness. Leuleui gives him nothing, and I wish he'd go back to the UK along with Tomkins. Assuming Hurrell is ok now, that's only two positions that are up for grabs, the other centre position and 6.

Of course, none of that matters if Shauny J is not fully recovered.

I agree, it is an emotional team. You'd think that Hoffman could steady it better this year. Make him co-captain.

RE: Warriors - mippy - 12-27-2015

another pre season tragedy

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11566579
Quote:Young Warriors player found dead in Christchurch

A young Warriors player has been found dead in Christchurch today.

Tala Mailei, 17, had been training with the Warriors' wider under-20 squad since last month and had returned home for Christmas.

Details of Mailei's death were unclear but the Warriors released a statement this evening.
The said Mailei was included in the squad "after impressing coaching staff at the club's annual open NYC trial in Auckland in early October".

"He was home for the Christmas break and was due to resume training with the squad in the New Year," the statement said.