NZBoxChat
Berridge returns 6 march. - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Berridge returns 6 march. (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3

Berridge returns 6 march. - Daneo - 02-09-2015

Checked out a sparring session yesterday between Berridge and top ranked Ozzie super middleweight Zac Dunn. WOW both boys in amazing shape and going hell for leather over 8 rounds. Rob is over here in their camp helping out for Dunn's upcoming bout. Rob has a tuneup on the undercard against Samoan LHW T Leota.

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - mippy - 02-09-2015

good to see he's back in action. Hope we get to see some of he improvements he's been working on

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - shamrock - 02-10-2015

Berridge is in good hands and we should see improvements

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - Daneo - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:04 AM)shamrock Wrote: Berridge is in good hands and we should see improvements

Agree, his footwork and defense looked very good. He fought off the back-foot for the most part.

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - justafan - 02-10-2015

This awesome news after everything that has happened.
Sure it's tune up but if you look at some of Togasilimai Letoa's results he's handy enough, even his loses, he's hung in there.
I just wonder if he does win where does he go? if he's signed up by Sky Arena I can see a pathway but if he doesn't he may struggle to get the big fights unless he goes overseas for what might be average pay days against good fighters.
I would like to see him eventually have a rematch with Blake Caparello as I think he could win.
I do think his best result is to align with Sky as I'm not sure fighting on Duco cards will be an option

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - shamrock - 02-10-2015

Why not duco justafan? Just interested in your thoughts...

Would Duco really want to put money into the guy after whats happened? I doubt it but that's just my opinion, maybe they will. I've got no word on weather they will or not I just think it's unlikely.
Maybe they will, I'm sure they could make $ from him.
It's just my opinion that it when people are let go like that, the promoter doesn't generally turn around and throw them a bone unless a lot of water... I would love fill myself with humble pie all year long if I'm wrong as I love watching the kid fight when it's a war against a quality fighter.

Also if Duco sign other fighters they will take priority. Didn't they say a while back they are looking to grow their stable or did I dream that up.
My memory is not the best but I seem to remember Longergan sating it on the radio but I may be wrong

RE: Berridge returns 6 march. - MrsD - 02-10-2015

Well, Duco got rid of him. Maybe a second chance? Why not?

I would love to see a second chance, I love the kid but if they are going to give him a second chance so soon why get rid of him?
I hope he does fight on their cards but I'm just saying what I think will happen, again hope I'm wrong