NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-27-2018

Nice, well-reasoned comment, Inferno

One thing I notice about Joshua is that after 3 rounds he seems to slow somewhat.

I expect Parker to weather those first rounds and take it to AJ after.

Many will be surprised by how well JP performs here in my view. I think he'll avoid the worst of AJ's power by being right in close or out beyond range. Nothing in between.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-27-2018

Yep I think its 60/40 to AJ as a one off fight. Jo has a chance if he can get inside fire off change angles and get out quick. I haven't seen Jo do this in any previous fights yet!!!! If you have let me know? Changing levels and angles with foot work will be key for young Jo. I see Jo getting in real trouble with AJs counter punches and his quick long Jab. If Jo can effectively slip that jab and get to work he may have some success. As for AJs counter punches, again I have never seen Jo face an opponent with AJs counter ability and power. I have also noticed that Jo is always open to counters because as he fires off his head is held high. I hope he doesn't fall into AJs counter traps. To put it simply i believe if Jo somehow has figured out how to nullify those two strengths of AJs, Jo's chances actually go sky high but I'd dont think Jo will be able to read AJs counters and that will be his down fall in the late rounds. He may eat a few big counters from AJ that lead into AJs flurries.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bart - 03-27-2018

I agree with Die JP needs to put doubt early into AJ - doubt about his weight loss-power possible loss + chin his being sus and JP's being rock... not easy but once doubt gets in it wants to live there.....
AJ is making statements that aren't the norm for him, possibly he has some little doubt and its troubling him... who knows.
This what make this fight interesting.. if it was on paper AJ v JP it would be no contest a Whyte v Browne destruction.
But I do believe AJ is out of his comfort zone in his prep and he not happy.. hopefully that is good for JP

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 08:12 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Nice, well-reasoned comment, Inferno

One thing I notice about Joshua is that after 3 rounds he seems to slow somewhat.

I expect Parker to weather those first rounds and take it to AJ after.

Many will be surprised by how well JP performs here in my view. I think he'll avoid the worst of AJ's power by being right in close or out beyond range. Nothing in between.

Kiwi AJs power is only dangerous if he connects. I think AJs best chance at connecting with Jo's head is with his counter punches. His big Combos won't worry Jo to much as Jo defence is actually good! 
 I also think Jo is up for the challenge. I just hope they have been working on the right stuff. 

Actually, Joe has fought many guys that were lower-powered versions of AJ.

Saglam, Nascimento, Meehan, Dimitrenko. Not quite the same power but the same "type" (roughly)

When you watch those fights you see Joe get in and out fast all night. This could be the plan.

Ends up hurting them and "chasing them around the ring" - which is exactly what he has promised to do to Joshua.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 08:11 PM)shamrock Wrote: https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/anthony-joshua-vs-joseph-parker-is-maybe-the-biggest-fight-in-heavyweight-boxing-history-ever/92088

Brilliant 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-27-2018

Jo moves his head a lot which is good, but i notice his hands dont always follow his head and moving his head to the left while leaving his left hand where it is exposes his head to a right hand which AJ is good at. Dick Dunn Wally Coes trainer taught me to never let your left hand be past your nose line so as to enable you to avoid any kind of right hand..

Die asked what Barry and Parker see that others don't. Seems clear to me.

They see that JP has a real edge in these 3 things - SPEED, MOVEMENT and CHIN - plus STAMINA

They have a gameplan to get in and out all night TRULY HURTING Joshua and not letting him settle

This is why I believe Parker will get the KO. And Barry does too

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 08:56 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Die asked what Barry and Parker see that others don't. Seems clear to me.

They see that JP has a real edge in these 3 things - SPEED, MOVEMENT and CHIN - plus STAMINA

They have a gameplan to get in and out all night TRULY HURTING Joshua and not letting him settle

This is why I believe Parker will get the KO. And Barry does too

Kiwi, that's the game plan I'd use.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 01:25 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Would not surprise me at all if every Welshman in that stadium is cheering Parker.

There will be more English there than welsh for one.  Out of all the home nations, Wales and England have the friendliest relationship.  Joshua fights under the union jack.  The whole UK gets behind him.

Parker will be booed. Possibly more so than any of Joshuas opponents because of Parkers team in the build up.