NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-17-2018

I still have question marks over Parker's chin. It's never been tested.

Facing 'non-punchers' in your own backyard, to facing a big punching unified champ in their backyard is a big jump.

I'll make a bold, Kiwi type prediction - AJ has a significant speed advantage which becomes apparent early on in the fight. The hand speed along with the reach advantage is too much for Parker. Parker gets stopped in the middle rounds.

This is Eubank v Groves part two. Except instead of a tentative Groves, you have a punishing Anthony Joshua who can get the stoppage.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 01:46 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: I still have question marks over Parker's chin.  It's never been tested.  

Facing 'non-punchers' in your own backyard, to facing a big punching unified champ in their backyard is a big jump.  

I'll make a bold, Kiwi type prediction - AJ has a significant speed advantage which becomes apparent early on in the fight.  The hand speed along with the reach advantage is too much for Parker.  Parker gets stopped in the middle rounds.  

This is Eubank v Groves part two.  Except instead of a tentative Groves, you have a punishing Anthony Joshua who can get the stoppage.
Hehe it could happen too. Aj is fast and his counters are lethal. I think AJ will just fight behind his Jab all night, look to counter when Jo comes in. I do see Jo getting inbhere and there still. 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-17-2018

I am not comparing Joshua to Meehan or Dimitrenko

except in this ONE respect - their BODY TYPE.

Joshua is more powerful than both those guys - but he shares the exact same "lanky" frame with them.

And that is the "build" of fighter that Parker ALWAYS puts to sleep. "Lanky" fighters are his absolute favorite.

Thus Joshua could be in for a rough night. Parker and Barry have had AJ lined up for YEARS.

BTW - with that "lanky" body type comes-

-Slightly stiff, awkward movement
-A slightly suspect chin
-Slightly poor punch resistance
-An overall slowness of speed that Parker ALWAYS gets inside and smashes.

There is a reason for the confidence. They know these guys and they always do well against them. People will be surprised.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-17-2018

Kiwi, keep talking like that and you bring down the odds for Infern0. Just don't go to the TAB until after the fight.

You are right about one thing, though. KB and Joe have been wanting this fight for years? Why? They must see some deficiencies in AJ I don't see.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-17-2018

I agree die the fact they have wanted the fight for a while is intreaguing

JOSHUA is SLOW and PARKER WILL NAIL HIM

Below is a video of Parker's first 18 fights. What is the first thing you notice? Speed, movement, power.
Then I watch a Joshua fight straight after. I notice how S-L-O-W Joshua is compared with Parker. Parker's speed, movement and power is going to take AJ apart in this fight. Take a look below-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJGOcFsJjGc

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-17-2018

Hey Kiwi, thanks for that. It was cool seeing Jo's progress again and I forget how young Jo was and how well he has progressed. He was matched fairly well through his career better than most. Some fights where confidence builders like Meehan lol but some were great learning fights. He really got some rounds in at a young age which is awesome. When in watch the fights jo really try's to stick to a plan. I also noticed that AJ would have blown through all of those guys and not got some of the learning's in his fights that he should have. Jo has really fought every type of journeyman, well done to the match maker. I also remember Jo wanted fights with Molina and Browne so many years ago. I'm on the fence now! Just because Jo has really been trying to take fights before his time, he really has that self belief. Jo wanted molina back in 2014 , Molina then went on to face wilder and then AJ as title defences. Jo wanted him before all that, it tells me he really does want to take hard fight not just easy wins for a padded record. Aj has fought Takam, Wlad and Brezeale those are his top wins. Jo vs Takam (full training camp Takam) Hughie and ruiz . AJ takes the resume battle just having Wlad but Brezeale is very average and they have a common foe in Takam but Takam on 2weeks notice and add on two years of life may not have been the same Takam. I feel there resumes are equally impressive but there is one difference, Jo really did vs a variety of fighters, you can say the same for Aj but he blasted them out so quickly and now has a few big chinks in his amour......Getting dropped by a one two, planting his feet to fire off, stamina loss after being hit, susceptible to body shots, doest particularly use his reach as well as he could. Don't get me wrong Jo has his faults but I can see why Team Parker are so confident because jo fits into these chinks. We will see if Jo can really handle AJs power, handle being countered , and see the if Jo has the movement to trouble AJ. As for Jos power he definitely has enough to drop AJ and vice versa.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 03-17-2018

I watched an interview a couple of weeks ago (can't remember who) that said that Takam did infact have a full training camp.
He knew he was on standby if Pulev pulled out, so was in training for much longer than two weeks.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 10:17 PM)Msreef Wrote: I watched an interview a couple of weeks ago (can't remember who) that said that Takam did infact have a full training camp.
He knew he was on standby if Pulev pulled out, so was in training for much longer than two weeks.

True. Takam had a full training camp and was a challenger-in-waiting.