NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-14-2018

I should tone down my rhetoric a bit. The right way to say it is that AJ gets forced onto the back foot, NEVER gets to settle well, backpedals and loses control of the fight. Parker tracks him down and lays him out, with AJ potshotting hopefully all the while. (To no avail).

If you listen to a lot of Parker and Barry interviews, you can hear their confidence and you can see their approach. They have been lining up Joshua for years.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 11:19 AM)NakiFan Wrote: I'm getting EXCITED!

I see Parker moving a lot so he doesn't get caught stationary, man handled and bullied on the ropes by AJ. With Joshua new increased speed this may cause Jo some problems. I think Jo's defensive abilities will be a massive game changer in this fight. If he switches off which he has done in every fight so far he could be in trouble but I rate his D better than AJ' s. Aj is hittable too but parker has to watch out because AJ loves baiting to counter. I see Aj really thinking inside those rounds and thats what makes him a dangerous man. Old wlad really had AJ' s number in parts of their battle and I think Jo has some better attributes than old wlad. Wlad always and I mean always struggled in big fights, close fights to let his hands go. Jo doesn't have that problem because he trust in his speed and chin in the exchanges. Jo has slightly better D than old wlad did, Wlads clinch, and backing up pawing style was effective but Jo's D is actually better. He roles with punches, he is intuitive, steps on angles and has a better chin but he does loose concentration and keep his head up in parts of fights. Overall though he he is a little more skillful than wlad in D. This will be such an interesting fight because Jo's D is actually a lot better than people think. If you look at the Ruiz fight, Takam fight they only land clean on Jo once or twice, now I know that is to many times to let AJ land but if AJ doesn't land flush all night what will the outcome be? 

The thing that will shock everyone is Joe's POWER when he lands on this type of fighter.

AJ will feel it from Round One and it will change everything.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-14-2018

A lot of this is dependent on joshuas weight.

Honestly think KB has been counting on AJ coming in at 255lb and being immobile. Im surprised how lean joshua is looking.

If he steps on the scales in the 230s there's no way KB would have planned for that in advance, sure he might change tactics mid camp but still...

Thats my concern because at <240 Joshua is a different fighter to the one KB thought he was getting

AJ will be around 242 or 245. But that is not it.

Basically this is a "skinny" fighter vs. a "thick squat" fighter - except one who is fast and tall-ish.

People may be surprised how little Parker cares about AJ's "power".

He may just walk through it and smack the guy around the ring. This is what I see. I think Parker and Barry see it too.

Double post

(03-14-2018, 11:58 AM)Kiwi Wrote: AJ will be around 242 or 245. But that is not it.

Basically this is a "skinny" fighter vs. a "thick squat" fighter - except one who is fast and tall-ish.

People may be surprised how little Parker cares about AJ's "power".

He may just walk through it and smack the guy around the ring. This is what I see. I think Parker and Barry see it too.

I dont think AJ has the kind of power anyone just walks through mate, i don't think I've ever seen him land a flush shot that hasn't badly hurt an opponent. 

Head movement on the eay in then explode on the inside. If parker tries to walk through joshua it wont end well for him. 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-14-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102017344/anthony-joshuas-remarkable-rags-to-riches-story

"Walk through" is probably the wrong term.

"Weave through" and BANG BANG is what I see Parker doing all night.

I hope I'm right

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-14-2018

(03-14-2018, 11:50 AM)Infern0 Wrote: A lot of this is dependent on joshuas weight.

Honestly think KB has been counting on AJ coming in at 255lb and being immobile. Im surprised how lean joshua is looking.

If he steps on the scales in the 230s there's no way KB would have planned for that in advance, sure he might change tactics mid camp but still...

Thats my concern because at <240 Joshua is a different fighter to the one KB thought he was getting

AJ is always seen as the bigger, stronger fighter. Would be weird if they came in at the same weight.