NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-13-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:59 AM)Kiwi Wrote: JOSHUA v PARKER - WAR of the BODY TYPES

There are basically two main body types in HW boxing-

The "Tall Timber" and the "Thick Squat" guys.

Best of the 'Tall Timber' = Lennox Lewis, the Klitschko's, Anthony Joshua.
They tend to have a long, lanky frame, but even the best of them can be ungainly and awkward when they have to move fast (like a giraffe = ungainly).
The best 'Tall Timber' guys have a good jab and a strong "finishing" hand. They fight tall and keep their opponent at bay. Their chin is a little suspect.

TYPE 2 - "Thick Squat"

These guys tend to be shorter, more solid, more naturally powerful. They tend to have a granite chin and they move in a far more natural, fluid way. But they are shorter.

Shortest version of 'Thick Squat' = Mike Tyson, David Tua, Joe Frazier. (Explosive power).

Mid version of 'Thick Squat' = Carlos Takam, Andy Ruiz

Tall version of 'Thick Squat' = Luis Ortiz (6'3"), Joseph Parker (6'4").

For most of these guys, their problem is simple when fighting the best of the 'Tall Timber'. They simply do not have the HEIGHT to trouble the best of the tall guys. Thus even Tyson and Tua could not hurt Lennox. Simply not tall enough.

WHY PARKER is SO CONFIDENT

Like many Samoans, Parker is basically a "thick squat" type. He has not fully filled out yet, but that is his basic body type. Except he is genuinely tall and fast for this type.

Parker has been fighting these "tall lanky" guys for his whole career. He LOVES fighting them. Almost always smashes them out. The most ominous words that Parker said at the AJ press conference: "I was surprised. He's not that big."

Was he talking about AJ's height? (2 inches taller than him). No.

He was talking about the overall frame of AJ - a "Tall Lanky" type, even though he tries to hide it with added muscle. This is Parker's very favorite type of opponent. Listen to the way Parker and Barry talk about this. Oozing confidence.

My prediction: AJ will not be able to keep Parker off. Just like every 'Tall Timber' guy he has ever faced, Parker will walk through AJ's jab and KO him. (Only way to escape it is to run like Hughie).

Parker wins by brutal KO within 7.

Your thoughts?

No.  Just no.  

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 01:06 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 09:59 AM)Kiwi Wrote: JOSHUA v PARKER - WAR of the BODY TYPES

There are basically two main body types in HW boxing-

The "Tall Timber" and the "Thick Squat" guys.

Best of the 'Tall Timber' = Lennox Lewis, the Klitschko's, Anthony Joshua.
They tend to have a long, lanky frame, but even the best of them can be ungainly and awkward when they have to move fast (like a giraffe = ungainly).
The best 'Tall Timber' guys have a good jab and a strong "finishing" hand. They fight tall and keep their opponent at bay. Their chin is a little suspect.

TYPE 2 - "Thick Squat"

These guys tend to be shorter, more solid, more naturally powerful. They tend to have a granite chin and they move in a far more natural, fluid way. But they are shorter.

Shortest version of 'Thick Squat' = Mike Tyson, David Tua, Joe Frazier. (Explosive power).

Mid version of 'Thick Squat' = Carlos Takam, Andy Ruiz

Tall version of 'Thick Squat' = Luis Ortiz (6'3"), Joseph Parker (6'4").

For most of these guys, their problem is simple when fighting the best of the 'Tall Timber'. They simply do not have the HEIGHT to trouble the best of the tall guys. Thus even Tyson and Tua could not hurt Lennox. Simply not tall enough.

WHY PARKER is SO CONFIDENT

Like many Samoans, Parker is basically a "thick squat" type. He has not fully filled out yet, but that is his basic body type. Except he is genuinely tall and fast for this type.

Parker has been fighting these "tall lanky" guys for his whole career. He LOVES fighting them. Almost always smashes them out. The most ominous words that Parker said at the AJ press conference: "I was surprised. He's not that big."

Was he talking about AJ's height? (2 inches taller than him). No.

He was talking about the overall frame of AJ - a "Tall Lanky" type, even though he tries to hide it with added muscle. This is Parker's very favorite type of opponent. Listen to the way Parker and Barry talk about this. Oozing confidence.

My prediction: AJ will not be able to keep Parker off. Just like every 'Tall Timber' guy he has ever faced, Parker will walk through AJ's jab and KO him. (Only way to escape it is to run like Hughie).

Parker wins by brutal KO within 7.

Your thoughts?

No.  Just no.  

Haha gotta love tall timber

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-13-2018

Kiwi, you need to submit your ideas to the Herald...

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-13-2018

I see where kiwi is coming from but i think he's a bit too broad.

Where does vitali klitschko fit in? Or valuev or ustinov? What about evander?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-13-2018

Valuev, Ustinov and Cojanu fit into the "Man Mountain" category.

Huge, slow masses of flesh that are very hard to remove if they cover up and take no risks.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bart - 03-13-2018

Have to say my confidence was building for JP -I watched Conjau fight and deflated ....
Hoping he has put in the work as he says - his attitude and belief looks the goods at the mo
I still give him a chance but planets must align...

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-13-2018

Gotta sympathize with that Bart. I have never been impressed with him but AJ will be his defining fight of where he really is on the world stage. Im not expecting any surprises. Due respect to his courage..

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - NakiFan - 03-13-2018

I would look much into the Conjanu fight, Joe did enough to win, and while he said he wanted to make an impression, he just cruised to a very very wide UD. This remember was months and months of mucking about from the Fury Camp, and Conjanu having been in the ring with Parker sparring 100 rounds.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-14-2018

(03-13-2018, 10:44 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I see where kiwi is coming from but i think he's a bit too broad.

Where does vitali klitschko fit in? Or valuev or ustinov? What about evander?

It's way too broad.  

1. Putting every tall fighter in a 'tall timber' category but then breaking the short squat guys into 3 versions is pretty bias and makes it more convenient to make an argument for Parker.  
2. Generalizing every tall fighter having a suspect chin is incorrect.  Like you mentioned, Vitali. Riddick Bowe. Wach etc. 
3.  In the same way, not all short squat guys have good chins.  Ortiz was just knocked out by Wilder who is the definition of a tall, lanky guy.  Chisora was knocked out by a powerful, muscular, thin heavyweight, David Haye.  John Ruiz was short and squat and got knocked down by everything.  Povetkin got slapped all round the ring by Wlad. 
4.  Non of it applies because Joshua isn't even his most effective fighting on the outside.  He can do it because he's tall and has a long reach.  But he is most effective from short to mid range.  Charles Martin - dropped by mid range slip and counters, twice.  Whyte - knocked out by a inside uppercut.  Wladimir - the shot that basically finished Wlad off was a short inside uppercut.  Molina - the shot that staggered him was a short counter hook (iirc).
5.  Some might disagree with this one - Parker isn't fast.  His feet are glacier.  And although he has quick hands, he just reminds me of Eubank Jr.  Quick hands  but they are completely useless against someone with decent boxing IQ.  When was the last time you saw Parker whip out a huge flurry of impressive punches?  The competition level goes up the less likely you can do those sort of things.  Hence, why he's looked poor in his last few fights.  

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-14-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102243071/anthony-joshua-v-joseph-parker-clinical-kiwi-more-dangerous-than-windmill-wilder