NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 11:41 PM)Msreef Wrote: Tyson Fury is so big and skilled that I think in his prime he could outbox any fighter on the back foot.

Vitali? Lennox? Bowe?

He actually reminds me of a slightly more agile version of vitali with half the power and chin

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:41 PM)Msreef Wrote: Tyson Fury is so big and skilled that I think in his prime he could outbox any fighter on the back foot.

Vitali? Lennox? Bowe?

He actually reminds me of a slightly more agile version of vitali with half the power and chin

Yes yes and yes. I'm not saying they could never beat him if they fought multiple times, just that I'd make Fury a favorite.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-05-2018

KB predicts KO:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101195825/kevin-barry-says-joseph-parker-will-knock-out-anthony-joshua-despite-very-good-chin

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-05-2018

(02-04-2018, 11:48 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Vitali? Lennox? Bowe?

Totally agree with all of this but i think Fury has/had better ring manship, pucnh variety and adaptability in the ring than vitali. I would definitely have Fury prime as my favourite agaisnt them.

Yes yes and yes. I'm not saying they could never beat him if they fought multiple times, just that I'd make Fury a favorite.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 02-06-2018

(02-05-2018, 09:07 PM)diehard Wrote: KB predicts KO:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101195825/kevin-barry-says-joseph-parker-will-knock-out-anthony-joshua-despite-very-good-chin

The comments on this piece are illuminating..

A few diehard (sorry die) Parker fans believe.. but most are calling out KB's opinion as utter nonsense..  
..no recent form, heard it all before, can't hurt the big boys..

KB has a habit of talking up his charge.. I recall watching a piece on the news once where he referred
to Joe's beast mode (referenced in a previous post of mine) and that when Joe invokes the beast - well, it's
all over.  And.. if my memory serves me correctly, Joe hasn't had a KO since that beast revelation.

I get the feeling KB is convincing himself with claims like this.  It's just not necessary, especially in the face of recent form.
This challenge seems to be wrapped in insult and delusion.  Ground yourself boys!

Get Joe in the gym and moving on the balls of his feet.
Get him leading with right hands and left hooks over and under the jab..moving right and left. NOT backwards. 
Get his head moving under the cover of his shoulders.. get him slipping and covering.. countering.  Joe should not throw any jabs in this fight.  They are always short of the mark and will be moreso against AJ.  Right hands, hooks and uppercuts only.

I hear on the news that Joe has yet another new strength and conditioning coach.  What!! Not good.  There is a sizable team gathered to prepare Joe for his greatest challenge.. no stone has been left unturned..

This is a boxing match.  The yoga instructors and masseurs will not determine the outcome of this fight.  Because of this fact, the odds are accurate and AJ is heavily favored to win.

All that said - this is a two horse race so, Joe does have a chance.  Slim, as it may be, he has shown glimpses of what is required in years gone past.

Forget the beast, Joe.  Focus on mobility and leading with sharp rights - up and down -  whilst slipping AJ's long jabs.  Keep moving and you have a chance.

Work on the inside as much as you do in the gym.  Visualise morning noon and night as you should have been doing for years.  See the punches you practice having the impact you want, over and over and over in your mind's eye.  Feel the glory of victory, the elation of achievement, the utter relief of success..   

Go Joe!!

V.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-06-2018

Anthony Joshua hopes Kiwi Joseph Parker doesn't 'lay down' in early rounds

Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker square up in England last month.

Anthony Joshua has thrown another pre-fight jab at Kiwi Joseph Parker, suggesting he comes ready to fight in Cardiff at the end of next month to avoid an early KO.

"I hope he's training well," Joshua told Sky Sports. "I hope he's fit, because you know what it is right, people wait 10-12 weeks for us to come together and no-one wants to lay down in the first or second round.

"I hope he's fit and he's ready for a good fight, because I am."

Parker's last three fights have gone the distance, and his contest with Joshua at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on March 31 is heating up as can't miss bout.

Joshua (20-0) and Parker (24-0) have agreed to put their IBF, WBA Super, IBO and WBO belts and unbeaten records on the line, with the winner takes all contest being within touching distance of becoming the first undisputed heavyweight champion of the world since Lennox Lewis in 1999.

Parker's and Joshua's camps have been trading barbs in the lead up to the fight, including recent comments from Parker's trainer Kevin Barry, who suggested Joshua had a suspect chin.

"I think he [Joshua] doesn't take criticism that well," said Parker, who has won 18 of his 24 fights through knock out.

"I think we did get under his skin, our team has said a few things that got him a bit upset and angry. But I think when we meet there is a lot of respect, he's a respectable guy and he's a gentleman and there's a lot to like about him, but when we get in the ring it's going to be business."

Parker also admitted the amount of people who have written him off had lit a fire inside him.

"A lot of people have ruled me out and say he's already won the fight. But it is extra motivation and drive to put everything into training and come out as the champion that I am."

- Stuff

http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshua-vs-joseph-parker-air-live-on-showtime--124983

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 02-06-2018

Have they announced the ppv costs for NZ yet?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-06-2018

If i buy this fight on sky arena am i going to have to listen to the awful "colonel" bob sheridan going nuts every time jp lands a jab.

"Oh joseph really got him!!!"

If so im going to stream bbc 5 live commentary while i watch

(02-06-2018, 06:23 PM)Infern0 Wrote: If i buy this fight on sky arena am i going to have to listen to the awful "colonel" bob sheridan going nuts every time jp lands a jab.

"Oh joseph really got him!!!"

If so im going to stream bbc 5 live commentary while i watch

Nah, the Colonel is extra. Do you know how many world title fights he's called? Probably millions. He'll tell ya' if you listen. He also knows people "from all over the UK." Even politicians. Not sure that Showtime uses him...think Mr Higgins said last week that he'll announce it in a coupla weeks.