NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - faimoko - 01-08-2018

AJ by knock out round 5, Parker is terrible under Barry, I can't see how JP can beat AJ

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 01:21 PM)diehard Wrote: The two advantages Parker has are his fast hands and his chin.  He needs to set the tone early with his hands, showing AJ that he's too fast for him.  It's not about countering, it's about getting in there, lay his shots on AJ, and then getting out before AJ exchanges with him.   Yes, two or three shots, then out of there.

I'd argue JP has a pretty good footwork advantage, and a definite stamina advantage as well.

IMO Parker should fight this fight like the old David Haye. Move well, frustrate AJ, get in, land shots and get out, work the body hard, make AJ gas and aim to take him out late. 
If Parker does this I think he has a good shot at getting the win, but if AJ comes in light and more mobile like he used to be, it may not be enough. 

I'm going to predict a JP KO round 9.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 07:28 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 01:21 PM)diehard Wrote: The two advantages Parker has are his fast hands and his chin.  He needs to set the tone early with his hands, showing AJ that he's too fast for him.  It's not about countering, it's about getting in there, lay his shots on AJ, and then getting out before AJ exchanges with him.   Yes, two or three shots, then out of there.

I'd argue JP has a pretty good footwork advantage, and a definite stamina advantage as well.

IMO Parker should fight this fight like the old David Haye. Move well, frustrate AJ, get in, land shots and get out, work the body hard, make AJ gas and aim to take him out late. 
If Parker does this I think he has a good shot at getting the win, but if AJ comes in light and more mobile like he used to be, it may not be enough. 

I'm going to predict a JP KO round 9.

I agree, he should fight like David Haye, which I'm advocating for. I think both AJ's and Parker's stamina are the same. AJ stopped his last two opponents, Takam and Klit, late. Joe seems to tire in the middle rounds, but gets his second wind. It's not so much that he's out of breath as much as he gets sloppy, bad footwork, lunging, hands down. Which brings up the last issue: he has terrible footwork. Lucklily, AJ doesn't move much, and is more robotic, so Joe will not need much footwork, except when he needs to be like Haye and get his shots in.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 01-08-2018

Parker can actually be pretty mobile - and I see him doing that here.

Circling then popping the 1-2-3. Then out.

Wear AJ down

JP by KO (hopefully)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 09:21 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Parker can actually be pretty mobile - and I see him doing that here.

Circling then popping the 1-2-3. Then out.

Wear AJ down

JP by KO (hopefully)

Except that he was lunging against Hughie. AJ comes straight forward, with little body or head movement, so JP won't need much movement. Also, Ruiz and Takam give good movement, and Parker struggled. He won't need to fight a tricky fighter like them. Kiwi, Parker doesn't circle, he goes straight back, which is a problem. Unless KB corrects all his weaknesses...Parker also leaves himself open alot in the exchanges.

Which is why I'm suggesting that he does none of those things. Stay out of range, then pounce with those fast hands, and then get out. His only chance. If the fight goes into the middle rounds, AJ will catch up with him and bust him up. Best chance, Parker goes after him early like I suggested, keep him off balance, maybe retreating and uncertain, and then test that jaw they talk so much about.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 01-09-2018

Wow this gonna be a great fight because we truly dont know how good AJ is. His win against Takam was better than Jo's and his win against Wlad was good but how old was wlad. JP i truly think will be AJ's toughest test.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 01-09-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100412058/david-higgins-confident-well-wrap-this-up-as-he-flies-to-london-to-ink-joseph-parker-unification-fight-deal

Kevin Barry labels Anthony Joshua 'most overhyped fighter in the world'

British boxing superstar Anthony Joshua has every reason to smile with a $38m payday looming for his unification fight with Joseph Parker.

Joseph Parker's trainer Kevin Barry has labelled Anthony Joshua "the most overhyped fighter in the world" with their boxing heavyweight title unification fight on the cusp of becoming a reality.

Parker's promoter David Higgins was en route to London on Tuesday to finalise a deal with Joshua's boss Eddie Hearn for a fight that will put the Kiwi's WBO title on the line as well as the big Brit's WBA and IBF titles.

Parker's trainer Kevin Barry has returned to his Las Vegas base after overseeing Parker's pre-Christmas training camp in Auckland and enjoying the festive season with his family in Christchurch.

Trainer Kevin Barry is adamant Joseph Parker has the skills to negotiate a way past Anthony Joshua.

Parker will join him in the US city after completing promotional activities in London once the fight is signed – perhaps as early as the end of the week.

Barry has always been adamant that Joshua's style suits Parker and he reiterated that on Tuesday, while also drawing attention to the massive profile Joshua has quickly earned on the back of his unbeaten run over 20 professional fights following his gold medal winning effort at the London Olympics in 2012.

"I have a lot of respect for Anthony Joshua. He's proven to be a great amateur, he's undefeated as a professional, but I also believe that there is a lot of hype around this man and I think he's probably the most overhyped fighter in the world at the moment," Barry told Sky Sports in the UK as hype intensifies there.

"Joe has always wanted this fight. When Eddie started talking after the Carlos Takam fight that Parker was first up in 2018, we weren't even looking at this fight, we were looking at other opponents, and then Joe said: 'Let's make this fight. That fight is out there, let's go for it now.'

"He saw a lot of things in the Takam fight that really excited him. I think the Takam fight really put everything back into perspective."

Joshua was widely criticised for his 10th round TKO of Takam with the rugged Frenchman taking the fight on 12 days notice as a replacement for Kubrat Pulev. Parker won a torrid 12 round unanimous points decision over Takam in 2016, bringing things into perspective for the Kiwi who turned 26 on Tuesday.

"We've been planning for this day. We've been thinking about this fight, we've been visualising Joe in the ring with Joshua. The styles of these guys match up very, very well," Barry said.

He also reiterated to the British media that Parker will come into the fight considerably lighter than his recent efforts where he has looked sluggish in his first two title defences against Razvan Cojanu and Hughie Fury, labouring to points victories.

That was the reason for the Auckland camp where Parker worked entirely on his fitness rather than boxing skills.

There have been suggestions that Joshua is also looking at his weight after he fought Takam at his heaviest and failed to inspire.

The unification fight is planned for March 31 with Cardiff's Principality Stadium the front-runner among venues.

Parker is set to earn NZ$12-13m and Joshua about $38m.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11971736

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 01-10-2018

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/01/09/news/eddie-hearn-warns-of-joshua-v-parker-outstanding-issues-keeps-fingers-crossed-for-agreement