NZBoxChat
SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch (/showthread.php?tid=37)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - VADR - 01-16-2015

Hi Guys,

SUPER 8 is heading to Christchurch in March.
Card to be announced over the coming weeks...
Here's a highlights reel for you to enjoy in between: http://vimeo.com/116931471

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - justafan - 01-17-2015

I see Berridge has mentioned he is heading for this... do you guys think he will be in the eight man or an undercard bout and being groomed to take on the winner of Super 8 maybe?
Big risk to be in Super 8, if he loses where does he go????

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - tuaman - 01-18-2015

Christ Church? is it a joke? oh my God.....

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - Stormy - 01-19-2015

(01-18-2015, 06:56 AM)tuaman Wrote: Christ Church? is it a joke?  oh my God.....

they make good $$s down there tuaman. starved for entertainment, the boxing milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.....they can teach you, but you have pay :-)

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - diehard - 01-19-2015

(Sing after me) All we are asking, is give Christchurch a chance.

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - Daneo - 01-19-2015

I imagine that Robbie would be a headliner rather than competitor in Super 8, VADR correct me if I'm wrong....

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - mippy - 01-19-2015

It'll probably sell out Christchurch, heaps of cashed up tradies with nothing to do but buy new utes and drive like idiots

I'm keen Smile

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - diehard - 01-23-2015

Second crack for Lance Bryant in Super8 cruiserweight tourney in Christchurch

LIAM NAPIER

BANG FOR YOUR BUCK: Lance Bryant will get another shot at the cruiserweight Super8 event in Christchurch.

Lance Bryant is one of four confirmed boxers who will get a shot at redemption after Sky Arena opted to stick with cruiserweights for Christchurch's Super8 event in March.

Originally the third Super8 event was scheduled to showcase New Zealand's leading light heavyweights but the unpredictable three-round format carried too much risk for contenders such as undefeated Christchurch prospect Reece Papuni.

"The top light heavyweights didn't want to fight in the tournament," Sky Arena matchmaker Mark Keddell said.

"We tried to get Reece on but he didn't want to fight in the tournament and take risks, which I understand.

"We also felt the cruiserweights are the perfect weight. They've got the speed and power. You don't get fat 90kg fighters. The cruiserweights offer what the public want to see. Fast hands, big hits and a six pack."

Papuni is still expected to feature on the card but four-time amateur champion Bryant, kickboxing title-holder Israel Adesanya, experienced Australian Daniel Ammann and big-hitting Kiwi Monty Filimaea, who is trained by David Tua, will be the first four fighters confirmed in the Super8 format today.

Fellow Australian Brad Pitt, the winner of the last event in November, and Samoan contender Vaitele Soi won't feature in the eight-man contest at Horncastle Arena but an international wildcard, along with three other fighters, are yet to be confirmed.

Bryant is keen to prove a point after copping a dud judging decision in the last event. Most pundits believed he got the better of losing finalist Soi in his first-round fight.

"It's good to get another crack at it," he said. "If I do well, like I did last time, hopefully the judges see it my way. Otherwise, I'll have to knock them out.

"I thought I did enough to win that bout. When you've got that in your mind and you're waiting for the decision but it goes the other way it's a kick in the guts.

"When you've got people like David Tua and Danny Green saying you won it easily that only adds to the frustration."

A shepherd in Pahiatua by day, Bryant will again juggle work commitments and boxing training in the lead-up to March 28. It's a refreshing approach which allows him to stay focused.

"Professional boxing doesn't pay enough for me to give up work. I enjoy what I'm doing outside of boxing. Boxing when I was younger was do or die. This time around if you give it everything you've got to be happy. That's the way I've been looking at it. That way I can keep doing it. Beforehand, I'd get disappointed and chuck it in. I've got a different mindset now."

- Stuff.co.nz

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - craigyid14 - 01-23-2015

The last one was very good entertainment, but it shows little imagination having 4 of the same boxers in the second cruiser super eight only a few months later. And that's only so far, wouldn't surprise me if Soi was in it as well.

RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - diehard - 01-23-2015

So they better surround it with some interesting fights...