NZBoxChat
Klit - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Klit (/showthread.php?tid=29)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Klit - diehard - 12-19-2014

A Christmas present to Sham.  Wlad's very own thread!

Wladimir Klitschko Update

Congratulations to WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and actress Hayden Panettiere on the birth of their daughter, Kaya.
Wlad will reportedly be defending his belt next in a voluntary defense at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on April 25. The opponent is still TBA. Philadelphia heavyweight Bryant Jennings is the likely challenger, but the camps are said to be still far apart on negotiations for Jennings’ purse. With the fight taking place in the hometown of Klitschko’s YouTube nemesis Shannon Briggs, could Briggs be K2’s backup plan?

RE: Klit - Cosmic Drop - 01-04-2015

In my opinion Tyson Fury is probably the only fighter to match Wlads overwelming attributes but even still I'll put my money on Wlad...but dam that left hook on Pulev...yikes!

RE: Klit - diehard - 01-04-2015

Good posting, Cosmic!  I'd put Wilder in the category that could trouble Klit, IF he ko'd Stiverne.  But aside from Fury and maybe Wilder, nobody else.  Sad.

RE: Klit - diehard - 01-19-2015

Klitschko vs Jennings set for April 25th at MSG

By Joe Latti | January 18, 2015 | 50 Comments

Confirmation came in late December that a financial agreement had been worked out between Wladimir Klitschko’s K2 promotions and Bryant Jennings’ promoter Gary Shaw for an April 25th bout with the two heavyweights. Many believed that the original plan had been set for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, but now Jennings has confirmed to boxing writer Mike Coppinger that the fight is set and will take place at Madison Square Garden, in New York City. The announcement came shortly after Deontay Wilder defeated Bermane Stiverne for the WBC Heavyweight Title.

The deal had apparently hit a snag when Philadelphia native Bryant Jennings (19-0, 10 KO) recently joined Jay Z’s rapidly growing Roc Nation Sports. Jennings would have been the major favorite to take on recent WBC champion Deontay Wilder, but an opportunity to take on Klitschko is one that cannot be passed up.

Klitschko (63-3, 53 KO) will be fighting in the states for the first time since 2008, a move that reports say he is very excited about. This one will almost certainly be televised on HBO, as Klitschko is still under contract with them for two more fights.

Momentum was gained after Wilder vs Stiverne, and this upcoming bout on April 25th is sure to keep that rolling by bringing more excitement back to the heavyweight division.

Deontay Wilder likes his chances against Wladimir Klitschko

By Jeff Sorby | January 19, 2015 | Leave a comment

Newly crowned WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (33-0, 32 KOs) is only one day removed from his victory over WBC champ Bermane Stiverne (24-2-1, 21 KOs) and already Wilder is targeting IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko for a unification match that Wilder is hoping will take place later this year after Wladimir gets through with his title defense against his IBF mandatory challenger Bryant Jennings on April 25th.

Deontay, 29, points to his youth, speed, and inside fighting skills as assets that could lead him to victory over the 38-year-old 6’6” Wladimir if the fight goes down this year.

“I got youth. I’m faster, definitely…I can fight on the inside as well,” Wilder said. “I think my speed, my youth, and my IQ in the ring. All of those attributes about me pose a threat. I think that fight is definitely going to happen.”

Deontay says he’d like to face Tyson Fury first before he gets to Klitschko if he can get the 6’9” Fury to agree to a fight against him. That’s a big if because Fury has designs on fighting Klitschko. Fury believes he’s got the talent to beat Klitschko, and he wants to test his skills against the Ukrainian.

Fury has been after a fight against Wladimir for at least a year, and he had to best Dereck Chisora recently to become Wladimir’s mandatory. It’s doubtful that Fury will want to risk losing the title shot against Wladimir by facing a guy as dangerous as Deontay, because it’s potentially a bad match-up for Fury. Wilder is faster, stronger and he’s almost as tall as him.

“He wants the WBC belt, as he said many times, back in the family,” Wilder said about Wladimir. “I’m exciting at heavyweight as well. He’s exciting at heavyweight. There’s nothing like two big giants going at it,” Wilder said at the post-fight press conference last Saturday night.

It’s no secret that Wladimir wants the WBC title, because it’s the last remaining world title that’s not currently in his possession. However, Wilder is a much more difficult opponent for Wladimir than the 6’2” Stiverne would have been. Wladimir would have been able to jab, hold and blast away at Stiverne if he had faced him for the WBC title. But against the 6’7” Wilder, Wladimir will be facing someone even taller than himself who has the hand speed, arm length and power to reach his vulnerable chin. Wladimir would obviously be favored against Deontay, but if got cracked by one of his big right hands early in the fight, it could be all over for Wladimir.

RE: Klit - Stormy - 01-19-2015

I think Wilder will kick Fury's but to be honest. He is faster and hits harder. I give it 2 rounds :-)

Wilder has to be real careful taking on Klit though. Klit aint no walk in the park, and can bang a bit too. Id wait for Klit to call me out and i the mean time I would clean out the rest of the division that dwells in the UK :-)

RE: Klit - Cosmic Drop - 01-19-2015

I too think Wilder has to be careful before talking or calling out Wlad, Ideally I would like Wilder take on another fighter to push him into the later rounds again for experience. This victory over Stiverne is the first Wilder has been taken beyond the 4th round and I think hes 1 maybe 2 fights ready taking on the giant Wlad. Wlad is no joke.

Wilder would be a problem for Klit with his size and punching power. The problem is that Klit also has size and punching power, and is far better skill-wise. Klit KO's him in 5. Didn't Stiverne say that, though?

RE: Klit - Stormy - 01-20-2015

(01-19-2015, 10:12 PM)diehard Wrote: Wilder would be a problem for Klit with his size and punching power.  The problem is that Klit also has size and punching power, and is far better skill-wise.  Klit KO's him in 5.   Didn't Stiverne say that, though?

Stiverne said a lot, and none of it played out the way he said it would. Like Tyson said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" :-)

RE: Klit - MrsD - 01-21-2015

Talks begin over clash between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder

Jan 20, 2015 15:33
By James Robson

But promoter Frank Warren reveals that negotiations with Wladimir Klitschko have collapsed over the Ukrainian's financial demands

Fury became mandatory challenger to Klitschko with vicotry against Chisora in November

Talks have begun over a world title clash between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.

Any negotiations are still at a tentative stage – but promoter Frank Warren has already made contact with new WBC heavyweight champion Wilder's advisors.

Fury is the mandatory challenger to Wladimir Klitschko and is set to face the Ukrainian later in the year.

But Warren has revealed that initial attempts to secure that fight collapsed in recent weeks over the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion's financial demands.

There has been more positive news regarding Wilder, who immediately called out Fury, following his world title success against Bermane Stiverne last weekend.

Warren confirmed he has spoken to the American's advisors.

He said: “I had a conversation last night, but it's early. They said they wanted it. They are the ones who called it out - they are the ones who said they wanted it.

“Deontay Wilder and Tyson, in my opinion, is a huge fight.

“It's the next biggest fight if we are talking about generating income, generating interest, live gate – other than (Manny) Pacquiao-(Floyd) Mayweather. I mean that.

“You can't think of another fight that would sell out Wembley, the Millennium Stadium – it's that fight.”

Klitschko takes on Bryant Jennings in April before having to enter negotiations over a mandatory defence against Fury.

Warren and Fury's other promoter Mick Hennessy tried to step up talks – but insist Klitschko's financial demands were unreasonable.

“Mick Hennessy and I had conversations with them and it just broke down as a result of money,” said Warren. “What they want – like always – you deal with the Klitschkos and you get a crumb off the table.

“The difference is Tyson is in a mandatory position, so it's a different game.

“When we – not just myself - other people that have negotiated fights with him for voluntary defences of his title, and his brother, it's always been very very difficult.

“They don't want to pay anything. They don't want to leave you with anything whatsoever.

“They've got a great image as far as boxing is concerned, but I'll tell you what, if some of the deals that they put to their opponents – if I did it or Don King did, you would be in trouble. You'd be called all sorts of things.

“It's not easy.

“Mandatory, you are talking, at least you've got some strength in negotiations. The worst case scenario you go to purse bids.

“There is a will certainly from this side of the table to make it happen. That's what the whole Tyson-Dereck Chisora fight was all about.

“It was meant to take advantage of being in the number one spot and get an opponent for Klitschko who would give him a fight, rather than hand picking the guys that they do.

“That's what they do. They hand pick easy jobs.

“I think the heavyweight has livened up a bit now with Deontay Wilder winning, Tyson being in the mandatory spot.

“We are going to see some sensible good fights.

“The heavyweight division has the chance to come alive.

“What we don't want is for the Klitschkos ducking out and making these easy defences.

“That's why the heavyweight division is dead on its backside in America and that's why a lot of people don't pay a lot of attention to it.

“Now it's spiced up a bit and it's getting back to how it should be.”

Fury, who fights Christian Hammer February 28, admits Wilder is a welcome addition to the heavyweights – but insists he'd rather fight Klitschko first.

“I would choose Klitschko because he's No1 in the division and owns most of the belts,” said the undefeated British and European champion. “Then I would defend against Deontay Wilder to unify the division. That's my ideal plan.”

Tickets for Fury v Hammer “Risky Business” are available now