NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 10-26-2016

The AJ - Price fight will probably be bigger in the UK than what the AJ - Parker fight would have been. Casuals make up most of the market, most of them would know Price, hardly any would know Parker.

Hearn is in a pickle, AJ is going to be facing top opponents next year, he needs to bridge the gap of the top ~30 level fights AJ has been beating, and the top ~10 fighters he'll be facing next year. The Breazeale fight was a wasted opportunity. Jennings would be a good fight, but he's not even in the IBF top 15, so I don't see how that can be for a voluntary defence. David Price is a terrible learning fight, for AJs sake I hope it doesn't get made.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - bart - 10-26-2016

Price -AJ is a last resort but will still be a money maker UK fans love to watch 2 of their own and Price has been talking himself up.
I would see Hearn having Price KO a few more taxi drivers to build the fight more but its on the cards.
Hearn would much rather AJ fight Price than Haye or JP - he will match top threats against Ortiz who he now controls and feed AJ weaker ones

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - U.K. Fight Fan - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 10:20 AM)Msreef Wrote: The AJ - Price fight will probably be bigger in the UK than what the AJ - Parker fight would have been. Casuals make up most of the market, most of them would know Price, hardly any would know Parker.

Hearn is in a pickle, AJ is going to be facing top opponents next year, he needs to bridge the gap of the top ~30 level fights AJ has been beating, and the top ~10 fighters he'll be facing next year. The Breazeale fight was a wasted opportunity. Jennings would be a good fight, but he's not even in the IBF top 15, so I don't see how that can be for a voluntary defence. David Price is a terrible learning fight, for AJs sake I hope it doesn't get made.

The casuals have also seen Price get chinned on several occasions. They might know him, but they also know he is useless. I think a Parker fight would be a lot bigger. You just have to look at the crowds in the UK to know that boxing is a big deal here, the average fan is pretty knowledgable about at least the top 10's. People know who Parker is and give Hearn and Sky Sports several weeks of 24 hour promotion then it would be a big fight. Hes marketable - undefeated, young, powerful. What can they say to build Price up? He's been knocked out consistently, and he's fought bin men ever since. It's a hard sell. But that doesn't matter now and I'm glad it's not Parker. It will be even bigger if Parker has a belt too.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:36 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Pulev and Stiverne were the main targets for December

I don't really see what Hearn "messed up"

Pulev didn't want the fight (Hearn asked him on camera in an I film video and he mumbled and shuffled off)

King said no for Stiverne.

Wilder injured so no chance of a unification

Klitschko ducked/injured

They could have done the mandatory defence against parker but the wbo wouldn't be on the line and that would make less than the price fight.

Really the only money option for this fight would have been david haye if we are being honest.

As it stands it's going to be a standard O2 show which will generate a few million and they are still negotiating with klitschko for a fight in April at the Millennium stadium in front of 70,000

What would you have done in hears place, die?

I should have said it's a mess rather than Hearn messed up. What would I have done? Probably fought Parker if I were AJ. He's got to fight his mandatory anyway, and this fight was available. Also, Parker is not fully developed as a fighter yet, and I'd fight him before he got better and corrected his defensive flaws. In saying that, Klit came onto the scene and that changed everything. Now AJ doesn't have a dance partner for December and he has to go looking for one. Parker was right there at the time he was looking at Pulev and Stiverne.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 10-26-2016

Here ya go:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/once-hearn-joshua-molina/63679

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 12-04-2016

https://www.facebook.com/WorldBoxingScene/photos/a.608281529245727.1073741827.608240782583135/1348141701926369/?type=3&theater

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 12-04-2016

"Anthony Joshua pencils in massive showdown with Wladimir Klitschko, 29th April, Wembley Stadium !!!"

Pencils in...

I'll believe it when I see it.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - African Monkey - 12-04-2016

I think he means Gerald Washington.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 12-04-2016

When AJ stops klitschko you will all be saying klitschko was old and shot and Andy ruiz was a much tougher opponent

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 05:24 PM)Infern0 Wrote: When AJ stops klitschko you will all be saying klitschko was old and shot and Andy ruiz was a much tougher opponent

Nope, if AJ stops Wlad next year and looks good in the process, he'll get full credit from most of us here I'm sure.