NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 10-25-2016

AJ vs Haye would draw huge.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 10-25-2016

Isn't Haye chiseled in to fight the winner of Parker and Ruiz for the WBO

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 10-25-2016

It's an option for him, but look at the IBF rankings, he could be the mandatory for AJ.

Haye was on TV3 talking about Parker probably beating Ruiz, and he may fight him next.

I would think the AJ/Haye fight would be a bigger fight for Haye. He could fight either one, looks like. For a belt.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 10-25-2016

AJ / Haye will be huge in the UK. 1 million PPV buys I reckon.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - bart - 10-25-2016

AJ -Price fight would still sell in UK obviously not as much as v Haye or Klit but will still sell as Brits know Price. They know Price is a big puncher and has a suss chin so someone (most likely Price even though he reckons he has KO'd AJ before) gets knocked out.
So really Hearn wouldn't be too fussed as still good coin to be made with lower risk and builds more suspense and £ for next defence against a rated opponent.

Man, Hearn messed up. First Parker decides to go the WBO route, then Klit gets hurt. It's been so long, who was he supposed to originally fight in December before the Klit/Fury fight fell through?

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 10-25-2016

Pulev and Stiverne were the main targets for December

I don't really see what Hearn "messed up"

Pulev didn't want the fight (Hearn asked him on camera in an I film video and he mumbled and shuffled off)

King said no for Stiverne.

Wilder injured so no chance of a unification

Klitschko ducked/injured

They could have done the mandatory defence against parker but the wbo wouldn't be on the line and that would make less than the price fight.

Really the only money option for this fight would have been david haye if we are being honest.

As it stands it's going to be a standard O2 show which will generate a few million and they are still negotiating with klitschko for a fight in April at the Millennium stadium in front of 70,000

What would you have done in hears place, die?

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - U.K. Fight Fan - 10-26-2016

Hearn should take Bryant Jennings offer straight away at this stage. That's a respectable opponent who has shown durability against top guys and has a US interest.

But I don't think Hearn has messed up at all. He can't help injuries, fighters wanting a fortune to fight AJ or just plain old ducking. The only thing hearn could of done is set up the Parker fight, but I think he's saving that. They are both young and have time on their side to face each other. Wlad has maybe one more fight left in him and they were talking about AJ-Wlad taking £30mil. You can't pass up a chance to make that happen, but as a result the Parker ship has sailed, along with others.

Also, UK fans don't want to see AJ-Price. A rematch between Whyte and AJ would have more pulling power with fans than AJ-Price. Price has faced nobody yet to shake the reputation of being chinless, so putting him in with AJ would be a bad move for Hearn. He'd get alot of backlash for that.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Westywarrior - 10-26-2016

In hindsight fighting Parker would have been the best money spinner available to Hearn at this time
The notion that AJ - Price is a bigger earner is straight out delusion. That fight has to be close to a last resort now
Chasing Klit made sense at the time , it just hasn't worked out
If Jennings has offered I agree with UK , they should take it for December
Eddie Hearn is still holding out hope that AJ -Klit happens march\april 2017