NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 05:17 PM)diehard Wrote: Joshua, Klitschko post-fight quotes

Anthony Joshua: “I’m not perfect but I’m trying. I got a bit emotional because I know I have doubters. I’m only going to improve. Sometimes you can be a phenomenal boxer, but boxing is about character. When you go into the trenches, that’s when you find out who you really are. I came out and I won – that’s how far I had to dig. I came back and I fought my heart out. As boxing states, you leave your ego at the door and you respect your opponent. A massive shout out to Wladimir Klitschko for taking the fight. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t know if he wants to come back and fight me. He’s a role model in and out of the ring….Tyson Fury where you at, baby. Come on – that’s what they want to see. I just want to fight everyone. I’m really enjoying this right now.”

Wladimir Klitschko: “The best man won tonight and it’s an amazing moment for boxing. Anthony was better today than I. It’s really sad that I didn’t make it tonight. I was planning to do it. It didn’t work, but all the respect to Anthony. Of course, we have a rematch in the contract. I need to analyze and see what the heck happened. I wish I could have raised my hands, but congrats to him. He got up, he fought back and he won the titles.”

Joshua has always shown humility 

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Beefstew - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 04:58 PM)shamrock Wrote: Parker puts himself at same level...sad

Where abouts did he mention anything about being at the same level? I cant seem to find it.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - NakiFan - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 04:58 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 03:11 PM)NakiFan Wrote:

Parker puts himself at same level...sad

As a world class athlete don't you have to have a mindset that you can beat anyone on your day? 

Yes. 

That was such a throwaway comment Sham. Parker regardless on talent, opposition, stats is a WBO World belt holder, therefore has the right to consider himself in that class.

It might not be the case, as AJ has shown with this last outing, he can overcome things he hasn't ever experienced before. The fact still remains, Parker HAS to think he can beat anyone in the division. I have been around enough worldclass athletes to know how they tick, my little brother included in this group. 

(04-30-2017, 05:49 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 04:58 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 03:11 PM)NakiFan Wrote:

Parker puts himself at same level...sad

As a world class athlete don't you have to have a mindset that you can beat anyone on your day? 

Yes. 

That was such a throwaway comment Sham. Parker regardless on talent, opposition, stats is a WBO World belt holder, therefore has the right to consider himself in that class.

It might not be the case, as AJ has shown with this last outing, he can overcome things he hasn't ever experienced before. The fact still remains, Parker HAS to think he can beat anyone in the division. I have been around enough worldclass athletes to know how they tick, my little brother included in this group. 

Hmmm yes Naki I see your point, but I rather enjoy the humility AJ shows at HIS Level

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - mippy - 04-30-2017

How about we focus of the positive of Joshua getting through a massive, entertaining fight.

Today has nothing to do with Parker. Let's bitch about him next weekend Smile 

Somebody suggested said they had never seen the fight qualities AJ brings to the table since Mike Tyson. Probably right we might think except AJ brings it in a more refined and lasting package don't you think..

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 06:23 PM)shamrock Wrote: Somebody suggested said they had never seen the fight qualities AJ brings to the table since Mike Tyson. Probably right we might think except AJ brings it in a more refined and lasting package don't you think..

Somebody was deluded.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - NakiFan - 04-30-2017

I was really stuck with who I wanted to win. If it was Wlad, it would have cemented a fitting end to an amazing career, but it was also time for him to step aside. AJ seems to beam self confidence, and when he managed to survive after being nearly out on his feet, a few rounds later he fired himself back up and came out again with a second wind behind him.

AJ is hardly the finished article, but it'll take someone who can handle his early pressure and power to have a chance.

Yep it is sad for Wlad, I wanted him to win because AJ is young and could have bounced back if he had lost. Wlad won't win a rematch if they have one IMO.
Someone suggesting likeness between Mike and AJ saw it in terms of their KO ratio where they have a similarity. AJ will obviously improve, and rapidly now he has defeated Klitschko. Once again its only my opinion..

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - U.K. Fight Fan - 04-30-2017

Uk babyyyyyyyyy!!!!