NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - bart - 04-30-2017

rematch maybe but its whether WK wants to - surely he wants to retire he has plenty $ why take more beatings.
Ortiz is a nothing fight- he looked crap in last 2 fights and has no title so nothing in it for AJ.
Tyson F brings another 90,000 to wembly
Wilder yes but reckon Wilder will target JP and vice versa after watching that.
JP should still target Bellew as a $ making gateway into UK - Hughie (possibly) the Wilder with winner to fight AJ

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 04-30-2017

Joseph Parker: The better man won - but still has plenty to work on video

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker says the "best man won on the day" but has suggested Anthony Joshua still has plenty to work on following his victory over Wladimir Klitschko in London.

In front of 90,000 at Wembley Stadium, Joshua and Klitschko traded punches in a spectacular fifth round and again in the sixth before Joshua finished the 41-year-old in the 11th round to ensure he had the IBF, WBA and IBO world heavyweight belts tucked away.

Parker, who holds the WBO belt, and is on track for a showdown with Joshua at some stage, watched the fight in Auckland on Sunday morning as he prepares for his own bout against Romanian Razvan Cojanu on Saturday.

Before the Joshua-Klitschko contest, he initially pointed to a Joshua win before then predicting it would be a Klitschko who would come out on top.

Parker said he enjoyed sitting back and watching two other leading heavyweights go at it.

"It was an exciting fight, I was excited to watch the fight and I was analysing what I could've done against both fighters.

"It was great to see Joshua, he went through a bit of a hard time in the fight but good to see him come back strong and maintain his title and get the other one."

Parker said Joshua was now the man to topple but the focus for the moment is very much on Cojanu on Saturday.

"I guess Joshua is the man to beat and he got off the canvas and showed heart but I think every fighter has things they have to work on, weaknesses and strengths so I feel like I have to get past this next fight and I look forward at sitting down and planning a fight with him in the future.

"I think with Joshua his team is going to sit down and analyse what they do right or wrong, I think he's still got a lot to work on, like myself, I've got a lot to work on myself.

"I think Klitschko looked great, 41 years old - he looked in great shape, he's still got a lot of power. I feel like it could've been his fight but I guess the better man won on the day."

Parker's shot at Joshua maybe a wee bit down the track yet.

The most likely option for Joshua will be a showdown with Kubrat Pulev next.

WBC champion Deontay Wilder is also positioning himself for a crack.

- Stuff

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Nablonicasso - 04-30-2017

Would like the Rematch but also be happy to see Klit finish up as it is. He still couldn't pull the trigger at times especially with his left Hook he was missing badly with this all night - bizarre.

Great execution for Joshua, came through the dark places and landed that peach of an uppercut out of a lazy clinch - no doubt been practicing that one

Pleased to see Klit finish the night standing up, no one can call him Chinny and he got his own knockdown.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - NakiFan - 04-30-2017

AJ was vulnerable by going down, but proved his heart by getting up and getting his second wind.

Klit proved he can fight, but his boring era has ended.

Two important things that happened in this fight.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 03:11 PM)NakiFan Wrote:

Parker puts himself at same level...sad

Sham, are you thinking that Parker should be above or below the same level?

Have you seen the fight? What did you think?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/joshua-tkos-klitschko-eleven-402423

Joshua, Klitschko post-fight quotes

Anthony Joshua: “I’m not perfect but I’m trying. I got a bit emotional because I know I have doubters. I’m only going to improve. Sometimes you can be a phenomenal boxer, but boxing is about character. When you go into the trenches, that’s when you find out who you really are. I came out and I won – that’s how far I had to dig. I came back and I fought my heart out. As boxing states, you leave your ego at the door and you respect your opponent. A massive shout out to Wladimir Klitschko for taking the fight. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t know if he wants to come back and fight me. He’s a role model in and out of the ring….Tyson Fury where you at, baby. Come on – that’s what they want to see. I just want to fight everyone. I’m really enjoying this right now.”

Wladimir Klitschko: “The best man won tonight and it’s an amazing moment for boxing. Anthony was better today than I. It’s really sad that I didn’t make it tonight. I was planning to do it. It didn’t work, but all the respect to Anthony. Of course, we have a rematch in the contract. I need to analyze and see what the heck happened. I wish I could have raised my hands, but congrats to him. He got up, he fought back and he won the titles.”

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 05:06 PM)diehard Wrote: Sham, are you thinking that Parker should be above or below the same level?

Have you seen the fight?  What did you think?

Die, I would be reticent to answer your question in fear of upsetting the company you keep haha