NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 04-14-2017

(04-14-2017, 02:52 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: Wlad perfected his whole style on dominating smaller opponents and he mastered 3 punches to do it; jab, straight right and left hook.  Against bigger guys who are faster than him, he will struggle whatever age he is, he's just not had to deal with many throughout his career.  He never had an inside game and I don't think he has ever gone to the body in his whole career.  It's bizarre that he's so good and had such a great career yet he's very limited in a sense.

Jab, right hand, occasional left hook and clinch.

As you say he enjoyed massive physical advantages in most fights and perfected that.

Thing is AJ's game is prodominantly within wlads range which is the issue for him

He needs to throw wlad off his game literally as soon as the opening bell rings, come forward and get inside straight away and let wlad feel his strength.

its an interesting fight, robert mckracken is a very good tactical trainer, be good to see what plan he comes up with

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - U.K. Fight Fan - 04-14-2017

(04-14-2017, 03:10 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 02:52 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: Wlad perfected his whole style on dominating smaller opponents and he mastered 3 punches to do it; jab, straight right and left hook.  Against bigger guys who are faster than him, he will struggle whatever age he is, he's just not had to deal with many throughout his career.  He never had an inside game and I don't think he has ever gone to the body in his whole career.  It's bizarre that he's so good and had such a great career yet he's very limited in a sense.

Jab, right hand, occasional left hook and clinch.

As you say he enjoyed massive physical advantages in most fights and perfected that.

Thing is AJ's game is prodominantly within wlads range which is the issue for him

He needs to throw wlad off his game literally as soon as the opening bell rings, come forward and get inside straight away and let wlad feel his strength.

its an interesting fight, robert mckracken is a very good tactical trainer, be good to see what plan he comes up with

I agree.  Joshua fights at that mid to long range which is in Wlad's comfort zone.

I think the speed and reflexes will be the difference though.  I don't think Joshua's greatest weapon is his punch power like alot of people believe, its his speed and reflexes.  We've just not seen much of it because he's not had to use it.  Guys just come in and shell up against him.   Got a glimpse of it against Charles Martin where he slipped a punch and countered instantly to knock him down.   Martin isnt Wlad obviously, but the guy is 41 and not been in the ring.  I think sooner or later Joshua will counter him, and Wlad is always one punch away from disaster. 

McKracken is a good addition to AJ's team.  Alot of experience in world title fights. It's good that he's kept Tony Sims too, he's a good technical coach.  Parker should do something similar I think. 

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-14-2017

(04-14-2017, 12:41 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: He's got a good chance.  He's still a quality fighter and he's by far the best fighter AJ has fought.  

Dunno about the Irish being cream of British boxing haha.  Carl Frampton's the only one I consider elite level.  The Fury's are good and acknowledge their Irish roots but identify as English.  Apart from that the Irish are pretty thin in the boxing world.

The Fury's could light up the Brit scene much brighter than AJ has. BUT their roots are with the travellers and that's their pride, they don't proclaim BRITISH they make huge noises about IRISH and their heritage among the fighting Gypsy's. BECAUSE they are IRISH bred.

Wlad a champ for 11years and you still deny him respect!? How bizarre is that??? Funny, at 41 he's still a 50/50 match for AJ, England's brightest star

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 04-14-2017

Tyson and hughie fury are both second generation english, their parents were born in england as were they.

it's good they have pride in their irish heritage but it's just that, heritage not blood

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-15-2017

(04-14-2017, 07:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Tyson and hughie fury are both second generation english, their parents were born in england as were they.

it's good they have pride in their irish heritage but it's just that, heritage not blood

Heritage is not blood then?

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 10:15 AM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 07:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Tyson and hughie fury are both second generation english, their parents were born in england as were they.

Heritage is not blood then?

Gets watered down after a certain point.

Otherwise we'd have to say alnost every all black and joe parker arent kiwis.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 04-15-2017

Not many kiwis in nz now Infern0

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - bopman - 04-17-2017

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/anthony-joshua-going-for-the-knockout-against-wladimir-klitschko/

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 04-17-2017

(04-15-2017, 11:14 AM)shamrock Wrote: Not many kiwis in nz now Infern0

Yep those damn Irish...

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 04-18-2017

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/klitschko-says-joshua-is-basically-a-copy-of-himself-reveals-he-tried-to-sign-aj/73796