NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Msreef - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 11:14 AM)shamrock Wrote: OMG!

PARKER POSTER FANBOYS BIAS IN BIG LETTERS

Die, of course Klit will fight. He has every reason to get his career back in vode. He will be there.

Get back in your cage Sham

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 11:25 AM)Msreef Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 11:14 AM)shamrock Wrote: OMG!

PARKER POSTER FANBOYS BIAS IN BIG LETTERS

Die, of course Klit will fight. He has every reason to get his career back in vode. He will be there.

Get back in your cage Sham

I know Klit will be there to pick up his paycheck, Sham. Will he be throwing any punches?

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 02-13-2017

I got 5 bucks on him die

After watching AJ vs Whyte again, I'm going to slap on a lazy 20 on Wlad to win in rounds 1-3, 420 return, not bad.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 02-13-2017

A lazy mind perhaps didn't pick up the grudge between AJ and Whyte which reduced it to a brawl of sorts. AJ can box we know that with clean sweep KO victories. $5 is all between AJ and Klit given Klits age a long time between fights and a hiding in his last one

Wlad is leagues above Whyte. Who knows, Wlad might come out and put the pressure on. Regardless, with their chins, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Wlad or AJ get knocked out within three.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 02-13-2017

The whyte v aj fight was a personal grudge match, the two hated each other. AJ fought stupidly trying to blast whyte put and prove a point, and got clipped with a counter.

It was similar to some of klitschkos early losses where he threw the kitchen sink and got stopped himself when the opponent survived. Difference was, AJ won, and immediately changed his style.

I dont see the whyte fight as having much bearing as joshua fights a totally different style now, and hes not going to go nuts trying to take klitschko out inside a round.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - NakiFan - 02-13-2017

So it comes down to who can control the gap the best. Who can lead with the jab. Wouldn't the more experienced Wlad be suited with this sort of tactic from AJ?

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 07:55 PM)NakiFan Wrote: So it comes down to who can control the gap the best. Who can lead with the jab. Wouldn't the more experienced Wlad be suited with this sort of tactic from AJ?

In theory. However klitschkos jab game usually works best on opponents who are at significant height, reach, speed and timing disadvantage. We saw against Fury how klitschko is reluctant to throw anything unless he is sure of a) its going to land and b) there is no chance of being countered.

I think he will be reluctant to throw at joshua because he has an excellent slip and right hand counter, its a one hit ko job.

This fight is very poised stylistically, tough to pick a winner in it. I can easily see klitschko putting out a tentative jab and getting hit with a right hand counter and getting finished. Its tougher to visualize klitscko dancing around the ring pumping an authoratitive jab and joshua not being able to land anything in return. Sure its possible, but i am starting to feel the other scenario is more likely.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Veritas - 02-14-2017

My 2 cents..

Vlad's effort against Fury was the single most gutless performance by any Heavyweight Champ in the history of the sport.   It sickened me to see the crown that I had grown up revering as the highest mantle in sport treated in such a cowardly and spineless manner - by the long time champ no less! I won't break it down and list the sins committed by Vlad that afternoon but, I will say that he will never regain my respect nor the title.

AJ will overwhelm Vlad and should notch up his 19th consecutive KO.  Vlad will resort to pawing, flaying, grappling, leaning and the odd pirouette - anything but trying to box! - in order to try and contain AJ.  Vlad is done full stop.  

V.