NZBoxChat
AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! (/showthread.php?tid=182)

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - mippy - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 01:11 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:53 PM)Msreef Wrote: Short arms doesn't mean squat, look at Tua. Samuel Peter was a pretty hard hitter, and didn't have short arms for his height anyway, he had slightly longer reach than Parker.
I think Wlad and AJ have a similar level chin, but imo Wlad hits a bit harder. If either guy lands a good shot on the other guys chin they are going down.
Monumental step up for AJ, 80 / 20 in Wlad's favour imo.

He couldn't move though. Literally. It was like his feet were stuck in a black hole that was sucking him into the ring canvas.

Aj-wlas punch power is debatable. I doubt wach lasts 12 with AJ using his chin as his only defence

Interesting, I think if WLAD can stay on his feet into the later rounds he'll have a much better chance of beating AJ.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 11:44 AM)mippy Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 01:11 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:53 PM)Msreef Wrote: Short arms doesn't mean squat, look at Tua. Samuel Peter was a pretty hard hitter, and didn't have short arms for his height anyway, he had slightly longer reach than Parker.
I think Wlad and AJ have a similar level chin, but imo Wlad hits a bit harder. If either guy lands a good shot on the other guys chin they are going down.
Monumental step up for AJ, 80 / 20 in Wlad's favour imo.

He couldn't move though. Literally. It was like his feet were stuck in a black hole that was sucking him into the ring canvas.

Aj-wlas punch power is debatable. I doubt wach lasts 12 with AJ using his chin as his only defence

Interesting, I think if WLAD can stay on his feet into the later rounds he'll have a much better chance of beating AJ.

I agree, it's a fight of two halves imo

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - bopman - 01-25-2017

This fight is definitely the fight of the last decade. Major Cudous to AJ for the huge step up. This fight is super exciting but what also excites me is if AJ comes through this who does he face next. Tough fight only for big AJ as no fans will want a step down in caliber

It's not really Eddie Hearns way of business to go for another risky one next if AJ comes through this

I could see him facing the WBA mandatory Pulev. It will still turn a very tidy profit at minimal risk

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - African Monkey - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 07:50 PM)Infern0 Wrote: It's not really Eddie Hearns way of business to go for another risky one next if AJ comes through this

I could see him facing the WBA mandatory Pulev. It will still turn a very tidy profit at minimal risk

Pulev is IBF, Ortiz is WBA.

(01-25-2017, 08:03 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 07:50 PM)Infern0 Wrote: It's not really Eddie Hearns way of business to go for another risky one next if AJ comes through this

Cool. Either way if he beats klitschko he has nothing to worry about from Pulev, it's a mandatory and respectable win and sells out a medium-large stadium like the Emirates, so I'd bet on them taking that

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - African Monkey - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 10:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Cool. Either way if he beats klitschko he has nothing to worry about from Pulev, it's a mandatory and respectable win and sells out a medium-large stadium like the Emirates, so I'd bet on them taking that

Yeah agreed. Pulev is a one trick pony and I think AJ get him out in around 5 and I could see this fight happening at the end of the year (providing he gets past Klitschko) as Pulev has stated that he wants 2 more fights before his mandatory.

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - Infern0 - 01-26-2017

(01-25-2017, 10:40 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 10:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Yeah agreed. Pulev is a one trick pony and I think AJ get him out in around 5 and I could see this fight happening at the end of the year (providing he gets past Klitschko) as Pulev has stated that he wants 2 more fights before his mandatory.

Yup. The interesting thing is if they go for a big stadium fight in the summer. (I actually forgot about the uk weather, London in April should be interesting for the Klitschko fight) 

But they may want a big summer fight.

Mind you the next few months could be very interesting, for all we know aj loses to klitschko, Parker loses to hughie fury, tyson fury comes back etc etc.

Who knows

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - diehard - 02-02-2017

Joshua, Klitschko hit NYC

On Tuesday, IBF heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) and long reigning former unified heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko (64-4-0, 53 KOs) hit New York City for media appearances and to hold a press conference to discuss their April 29 boxing clash set for London’s Wembley Stadium where a sold-out crowd of 90,000 will bear witness. The press conference was held at Madison Square Garden.

Anthony Joshua: “This is all about the mind games now, but as we know I’m a man who likes to perform. The obsession has always been there for me and not just in boxing. It starts with self, boxing is a representation of who I am. I’m determined to become the best. That’s my obsession.”

“I’m a man who likes to perform and entertain and that’s away been there. I’ve always want to take on the best. The questions are correct, is it too soon, have my opponents prepared me for this” God would never put me in a position I couldn’t handle, fighting Wladimir Klitschko in front of 90,000 people. But the objective still remains the same.”

Wladimir Klitschko: “I first fought here in 2000 on the undercard of Lennox Lewis vs. Michael Grant, Anthony was 10, it’s crazy to think about time and how fast it runs. When I fought Samuel Peter, his promoter called me dead-man walking, but that man kept walking for a very long time.

“I believe this man has a lot of skills, maybe yes, maybe not he will be the biggest star in boxing. I know there are plans to fight Wilder after me, it’s good to be young and ambitious, but I believe this fight has a lot of questions. Is it too early for him, too late for me? All those questions will be answered on April 29, do I still got it or is it too late? I’m looking forward to his challenge, I have my goal to become three-time world champion and I’m obsessed with it.”

February 1st, 2017

RE: AJ vs Klit is ON!!! - shamrock - 02-02-2017

Go Klit